Darren Moore apologises to Owls fans

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You need to have a good long look at whats happening on the Pitch, what do you imagine the pre season is for?? 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of the players weren't here for pre-season

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

DM was 

Christ almighty

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Try debating mate if you disagree.....you haven't responded to a single point i made,...poor attempts at ridicule  are beneath you,you are better than that....challenge my debate...

I just did

I pointed out that most of the players weren't at the club for pre-season training

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Mate its a forum,i see loads of views i disagree with,mostly jog past,but if i think it warrents it,i post an alternative view....

Some people after last Years antics are just sick of the excuses...Personally my only gripe with DM currently is his belief in playing out from the back,& in my view a lack of any plan to combat the high press,direct style when played against it....

Cost us last year in the Championship,& based on yesterdays game i didn't see any tactical changes at half time ,or a different way of playing to try to get back into the game,at 0-2 down...

These i feel are fair comments....

DM has had last season to reflect on playing out,new players,& a full pre season........yet still we see performances like yesterday...

I agree with you in some respects.

I like the fact we are trying to play out from the back in the main but there is a time and a place for it. Next weekend at home to a struggling side we should be able to get on the front foot and do that.

Away to a side like Plymouth, known to prefer an attacking, pressing style under Lowe, we should probably have looked to find another way, especially at 2-0 down at half-time. It is a worrying pattern in away games that Moore seems to persist even when the approach is not working. Against Morecambe he spoke of not panicking and to carry on playing - the game just drifted away from us with a lack of urgency after we went behind and yesterday we were well beaten in all departments. 

Moore had two weeks to work on preparation for this game and the approach he took didn't work. It's not time to start calling for his head but it is fair to question the tactics and lack of a change of approach when things aren't working. We had a strong team out yesterday, lacking bit in midfield but with a 3 in there we should still have been able to compete and plug the gaps when out of possession.  

Hopefully we will get a positive reaction next weekend because nobody came of of yesterday with any credit. 

As far as the OP is concerned, it seems a bit strange to blame the owner for performances like yesterday. No doubt we are a 3rd division club largely due to the way the club has been run recently but we are where we are and need to look forward. I doubt anyone expected when last season ended that we would have a squad as strong as we do now, it is up to the manager to get the best out of them and the players to give their all. 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Instant gratification,  twenty years out of the Premier.  Ye gods that's all we ever do is bang on about building Rome, we could have built London, Madrid, Moscow etc etc in same bloody time.  Instant gratification indeed.

Ye God's.

They won't help us, my friend.

As well as building empires, there's the matter of curses, too. We've that thing to content en all.

All in a days work. It's a mad (Wednesday) world.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I just did

I pointed out that most of the players weren't at the club for pre-season training

Yes and i replied  DM  was,and last Year when he saw his playing out from the back systym get caught out again & again,so he changed it,and we Beat an excellent Barnsley side(who made the play offs !!) easily....than reverted back to a system that didnt in my view work,...& had more of the same...

NO it wasnt DM fault we got relegated,but we gave away unnecessary goals & lost points which might have (unjustifiably tbf) kept us up....

DM has had since than to bring in ball Player,s who he rates and presumably who he thinks are capable of adapting and playing the way he wants..,.rather than those he has inherited.

BB caught out yesterday trying to play it out,SH not pulling up any trees;BPF letting in 3 goals....midfield ineffective,& the manager makes no changes at half time and his side continue in the same vane second half...

These are fair criticisms and how hard is it,to play out ?? Players need to make runs,create space,overlap,so the defenders can release the ball   meaningfully rather than leaving players to pass sideways/back or lose possession.(in their own half,in front of their own goal)

Div 3 sides running rings round us,and scoring for fun,....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes and i replied  DM  was,and last Year when he saw his playing out from the back systym get caught out again & again,so he changed it,and we Beat an excellent Barnsley side(who made the play offs !!) easily....than reverted back to a system that didnt in my view work,...& had more of the same...

NO it wasnt DM fault we got relegated,but we gave away unnecessary goals & lost points which might have (unjustifiably tbf) kept us up....

DM has had since than to bring in ball Player,s who he rates and presumably who he thinks are capable of adapting and playing the way he wants..,.rather than those he has inherited.

BB caught out yesterday trying to play it out,SH not pulling up any trees;BPF letting in 3 goals....midfield ineffective,& the manager makes no changes at half time and his side continue in the same vane second half...

These are fair criticisms and how hard is it,to play out ?? Players need to make runs,create space,overlap,so the defenders can release the ball   meaningfully rather than leaving players to pass sideways/back or lose possession.(in their own half,in front of their own goal)

Div 3 sides running rings round us,and scoring for fun,....

Kinda makes it difficult to put forward the argument that we have had a full pre-season when in fact most players weren't even at the club

We weren't even sure what players would be here this season during pre season never mind having a strong cohesive run at it with a settled squad

Owlstalk Shop

Guest 1banana2banana

Watching us yesterday I really felt we lacked any form of leadership on the pitch. We need a Jose Semedo to do the unfashionable stuff like winning the ball back and making a 5 yard pass. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Kinda makes it difficult to put forward the argument that we have had a full pre-season when in fact most players weren't even at the club

We weren't even sure what players would be here this season during pre season never mind having a strong cohesive run at it with a settled squad

I dont see it that way at all,its a game of football,Moore saw the inadequacy in his squad last year.has played this systym before at other Clubs,and presumably has recruited into it accordingly....Shouldnt take forever to get it sorted,whats he seeing/Coaching on the training field?

Having a pre season was only one of the points i made,what about not anticipating our opponents tactics?(ie knowing they play direct high press?) what about not making changes when our tactics are not working? but still sticking to an original plan/style? no changes of players? impact subs?...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

What the flying fukk as the colour of any kit got to do with an insipid performance like that 

In 1996 Man Utd switched their away kit at half time when 3-0 down at the Dell, this allowed them to claw a goal back and lose a respectable 3-1.

We could've done the same. Would've done wonders to our goal difference!

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

I'd love Moore to succeed, I'd love to eat humble pie but I just don't see it.

Really nice guy but I just don't see a manager there at all, and listen before people start I hope this post is dug out if we were to go up.

Is it his tactics mostly that makes you think that way?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop