Champions

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Be honest, the thought of us doing well, having a great season is killing you isn’t it? What a predicament you’ve backed yourself into. It’s only League 1, but we’ve potentially got a really good thing going on here, with some good players, and a solid manager. It’s just nice to walk out of the ground winning a few games, and the kids asking when the next match. The squad has been rid of the overpaid wasters, and it appears DC has changed his approach to quite a few things. 

Enjoy it for what it is. Or f   k off to Meadowhall or something on a Saturday and leave the rest of us to it. 

Cheers

Ha ha  ha listen to yourself lol

Three games and we are worldbeaters, we've been here so many times before.  

Good start, yes.  But please, lets for once be realistic.

Good start, new feel good atmosphere.  But Champions already ?    FFS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Ha ha  ha listen to yourself lol

Three games and we are worldbeaters, we've been here so many times before.  

Good start, yes.  But please, lets for once be realistic.

Good start, new feel good atmosphere.  But Champions already ?    FFS

Cheer up. We might lose on Saturday and you can have a party. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

It’s only League 1, but we’ve potentially got a really good thing going on here, with some good players, and a solid manager. It’s just nice to walk out of the ground winning a few games, and the kids asking when the next match. The squad has been rid of the overpaid wasters, and it appears DC has changed his approach to quite a few things. 

I agree. But lets keep some perspective.

We've played Charlton, Donny, Fleetwood. All currently in the bottom five. And (bar spells like the first 20 minutes yesterday) we haven't been convincing against any of them. There are bigger challenges ahead.

I like the recruitment, I like the way we're trying to play, and I appreciate we are still a work in progress. But I'm not getting carried away.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I agree. But lets keep some perspective.

We've played Charlton, Donny, Fleetwood. All currently in the bottom five. And (bar spells like the first 20 minutes yesterday) we haven't been convincing against any of them. There are bigger challenges ahead.

I like the recruitment, I like the way we're trying to play, and I appreciate we are still a work in progress. But I'm not getting carried away.

We are winning this league. 8/1. 

2 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Embarrassing OP.

Embarrassing response. Wednesday fans have got fine tuned into failure. I’m convinced some are far more comfortable losing than winning. It’s suit their outlook on football, and life. 

Let’s grab this league by the balls and win the thing. Someone’s got to win it. Why not us. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We are gonna have tougher games in the season. We are gonna lose games.

But I don’t care. I’ve never believed in a set of players so much. I think our biggest test will come AFTER we lose our first game in terms of how we respond. And I think this team has too much belief and confidence and self expectation to not bounce back.

Like everyone’s saying. The scary thing is that we’re not even full strength yet. Most of the players only been here 3-4 weeks. Windass, Corbineu, Shodipo, Gibson, Luongo and Sow not featured yet. Gregory not had a pre-season but he’s already off the mark.

The signs are all there that we’re gonna have a very positive season.

Been watching Wednesday far too long to get excited yet.

They like to draw you in, only to then drop you from a height. 

Come back in April, when hopefully we will have already achieved promotion and I might (only might) believe it then. lol

This season not much different to last 6 years in my view.

Chairman /off field issues OK - then we will do well.  If we pay players, make sensible decisions etc etc it will create the environment for the players to have a successful season and hopefully get promoted.

If the off field stuff goes back onto the downslope (worth remembering we cant be late once with wages or our suspended points deduction is immediately applied) then the same thing will happen as happened in our last 18 mnths in the championship - we will be awful and lose consistently.

We look to have the team/ manager to be successful if our key players remain at the club and fit.  Its up to the chairman now really.

It's a perfectly fair OP. He's saying he's going out on a limb. There were times last night when, yes, we were playing strong aggressive attacking football; and behind that we have four clean sheets.

I feel less confident: to me it's still a bit disjointed at times. But it's definitely possible we could turn out to be a reasonable championship side playing at Div 3 level.