Champions

Being a Wednesday fan were always due a fall it’s inevitable been going 40 yrs and it’s happened all through that time? Twice I’ve seen us look like a promotion team from the off 83/84 and 90/91 and I’ve got that feeling tho only 3 games in? Tight and strong at the back the midfield will be as strong as any in this league only the top end with a bit of concern? Gregory will score windass too bit need one of the others to chip in shodipo got a few and maybe sow green and corbinau might come good . The squad looks strong enough barring big injuries or selling Bannan so let’s see? 

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's how all blades reply when they come on here pretending to be one of us.

Either that or you're neil.

Oh ok...you're 100% wrong but hey ho

11 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Thing is vulva is right here, you set out to win every competition you enter, that's the mindset you need. That's how champions think.

Winning mentality, wining team.

Signs so far are good and enjoy the ride I say.

Of course you do, but sweeping statements after three games is laughable. Seriously, if any other clubs fans did it, we'd laugh till we dropped.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I must be one of the few people alive to see us win any league.  62 years ago.   On a soaking wet day in April 1959 we beat Barnsley 5-0 to become 2nd division champions.   

I vaguely remember running into the muddy pitch at the end, with thousands of others and watching the players appear in the directors box.

About time it happened 

That's quite surprising. One of my best memories is the pitch invasion when we got promoted from the old 3rd with Jack Charlton. It felt like we'd won the league, even if we didn't. A mixture of relief and pure joy after a very dark period. If we can get anything like that feeling back, I'll forego the honours.

20 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Thing is vulva is right here, you set out to win every competition you enter, that's the mindset you need. That's how champions think.

Winning mentality, wining team.

Signs so far are good and enjoy the ride I say.

There's a difference between a winning mentality and an over-confident mentality though.

A winning mentality is we will do everything we can to win, never back down, never know when you are beaten.

An over-confident one is we will win, just have to turn up, we'll be champions by X date. Breeds complacency and entitlement.

The best way to breed a winning mentality imo is go and give 100% in every game. If you lose, you learn and give 100% next game, same if you win. Anything less and you'll be found out at any level.