Wednesday v Sunderland off ?

Guest Garryswfcowl72

35 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not that I can see. But it is your choice to postpone the fixture if you have 3 or more call ups, it doesn't get automatically rearranged. Also there seems to be some sort of rule when if a call up hasn't featured in a number of games for you then he doesn't count towards the three.

Yeah, that last point will probably stop Ciaran Brennan (Ireland U21) counting as one of our call-ups.

• Like 1

Games should never be called off for international football. 

If a club signs a player knowing he may be called for the national team, then the club must accept they could lose him for games. 

Sick to death of the national teams having priority over domestic fixtures. 

Cricket and Rugby don't cancel the domestic fixtures when the national team are playing, neither should football. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest Andy W
15 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Never mind. We have Wildsmith. 

Oh!

Safe to say he wont get called up for international duty

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Guess if it's optional to call it off and we're only really missing BPF the clubs may prefer to get it played for the TV money  - with it being international weekend it'd be a certainty to be shown live on Sky.

How many games a season do they put on for League 1.. so far they've only announced Charlton vs Weds and Portsmouth vs Plymouth (which is the same weekend as Wednesday vs Sunderland), so that only looks like 1 game a month for the whole division.

I'm not sure being a big club will guarantee we get shown.. can't remember if the Sheffield derbies were even on last time we were down here.

I'm thinking we'll be lucky to be on 2-3 times all season (plus the play offs if we end up there).

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

How many games a season do they put on for League 1.. so far they've only announced Charlton vs Weds and Portsmouth vs Plymouth (which is the same weekend as Wednesday vs Sunderland), so that only looks like 1 game a month for the whole division.

I'm not sure being a big club will guarantee we get shown.. can't remember if the Sheffield derbies were even on last time we were down here.

I'm thinking we'll be lucky to be on 2-3 times all season (plus the play offs if we end up there).

Burton vs Cheltenham also on the week before, but it must be something like 20-25 games for the whole division all season

13 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

They always show at least one L1 or L2 game on international break weekends. So the two biggest clubs in the lower leagues playing each other that weekend would surely be nailed on to be picked. 

I'm guessing that as it hasn't been announced yet they expect it to be postponed, the Portsmouth v Plymouth game is on the Monday night. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 16/08/2021 at 17:11, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Get the game on. Only change we will have to make is Wildsmith for BPF. Kamberi and Corbeanu aren't guaranteed starters anyway so we should still have a strong enough squad. 

And there lies the problem. Automatic defeat!

In all seriousness though, I’d like the game to go ahead.

Guest Therealrealist
On 16/08/2021 at 10:19, bradowl said:

I'm hoping Bolton game is off at next international break in October because I will be abroad that weekend.

Never understood people holidaying in the football season..🤔