Wednesday v Sunderland off ?

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Big chance this will get postponed if BPF gets called up for Northern Ireland which is only a formality due to him being 1st choice 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think you needed 3 players called up for International duty to (Including Under 21s) for a game to be postponed but not sure of the rules now.

You do

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Sunderland also have players that are likely to be called up, so I think this game will get called off.

It’s 3 for one side not overall.. being realistic we’re unlikely to have more than two called up, Peacock-Farrell and Corbeanu

The Scottish players didn’t make the euros and are unlikely to get called up now. 

So unless Sunderland have 3 called up it will go ahead 

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s 3 for one side not overall.. being realistic we’re unlikely to have more than two called up, Peacock-Farrell and Corbeanu

The Scottish players didn’t make the euros and are unlikely to get called up now. 

So unless Sunderland have 3 called up it will go ahead 

Sunderland have a couple that would get called up that I know of. Tom Flanagan ( N.Ireland) and Arbenit Xhemajli ( Kosovo) I’m not sure of any others.

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Corbeanau for Canada

Kamberi has played for Albania

Paterson or Palmer maybe

Kamberi was called up by Albania for the World Cup qualifiers last March. He made the bench for 2 out of the 3 matches, including v England but didn't get a minute on the pitch. He wasn't in the squad for their last friendly matches before the Euros, so don't know if he will be called up again.

10 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Is there a rule that if your keeper is called up you only need 2 internationals called up to cancel a game? Someone said this on the Sunderland forum but I don't know if its true.

Not that I can see. But it is your choice to postpone the fixture if you have 3 or more call ups, it doesn't get automatically rearranged. Also there seems to be some sort of rule when if a call up hasn't featured in a number of games for you then he doesn't count towards the three.