Who threw the flare?

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they were going to throw the flare when Donny scored.
Probably thought they were never going to get the chance so lobbed in anyway on our second.

Was also a bit of trouble and tension on Leppings Lane after the game and it continued along Middlewood Road to Hillsborough Corner.

Plenty of people pointing and name calling going on.

Wish in someways they would just get on with it rather then all this 'Come On Then' stuff.

Yep. There were loads of coppers about and plenty of sirens going off. All very exciting. Never saw any actual fighting or anyone being dragged off by the cops. Now I’m 50 I find the whole thing a bit cringy. As you say, if your that bothered just arrange a time and place and have a good old fashioned brawl! Just don’t get in my way as I’m trying to get to the Chinese on the way home ffs. 

• Like 2

I assumed it was someones birthday, and that they'd lit some red candles.

It was very pretty though. If the Donny fans threw it, it was a really lovely gesture for the birthday boy or girl. I didn't see any balloons or party poppers though, which is a shame.

I hope they enjoyed their jelly and ice cream and that they all got some cake, wrapped lovingly in a napkin.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

As in which team's fans?

It was red so assume it was the Donny fans but it just makes no sense for them to throw one when they conceded.

There was also a flare smell after the first goal. I couldn't see it but could definitely smell it. Was that the same one that got thrown later as the goals were close together?

I really hope it was the Donny fans actually because that would be the most tinpot thing ever, to throw a flare when the opposition player scores a second because it is clear you won't get to throw one in celebration.

For some reason they lit a flare both times we scored, second time they threw it on pitch...very strange..

4 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

As in which team's fans?

It was red so assume it was the Donny fans but it just makes no sense for them to throw one when they conceded.

There was also a flare smell after the first goal. I couldn't see it but could definitely smell it. Was that the same one that got thrown later as the goals were close together?

I really hope it was the Donny fans actually because that would be the most tinpot thing ever, to throw a flare when the opposition player scores a second because it is clear you won't get to throw one in celebration.

Odubajo was probably in the Donny end. 🤣

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
45 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised if Plymouth don’t bring at least 1500 up in January. 

And we are allways givin it the big un...let’s see if we sell out at Plymouth in a few week🤔

11 hours ago, bradowl said:

Fleetwood will bring about 100 on Tuesday. :duntmatter:

Rotherham depends on how well they are doing, anywhere near top and they'll bring 4,000+ if not it will be about 800.

Sunderland, Lincoln and Bolton will bring good followings and Ipswich and Portsmouth might do if doing well. 

Rest of league will bring a few hundred. 

Plymouth will bring more than the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe and Burton combined. 

Lincoln will be interesting. Many of their supporters will have never seen them play here. It’s not far and if they are doing well I’d expect them to take up their full allocation in the top tier. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, g-owls said:

Plymouth will bring more than the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe and Burton combined. 

Lincoln will be interesting. Many of their supporters will have never seen them play here. It’s not far and if they are doing well I’d expect them to take up their full allocation in the top tier. 

True story - Last time Lincoln played at Hillsborough was in Nov 1979 in the FA cup ( we won 3-0) someone I know ( he is known as Mad Jeff) claimed he pissed on a Lincoln fan in one of the urinals in the North stand at half time.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He sounds a bit mad.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He sounds a bit mad.

I was a small child at that match. He will be round 60 now. I haven’t seen him for around 15 years, last I heard he was banged up.

2 hours ago, g-owls said:

Given that Lincoln is the only club within a 50 mile radius in L1, Ourselves,Toytown and Doncaster all become Derby games to their supporters especially now that Peterborough are in the Championship.Looking forward to playing them in a few weeks time.