Who threw the flare?

As in which team's fans?

It was red so assume it was the Donny fans but it just makes no sense for them to throw one when they conceded.

There was also a flare smell after the first goal. I couldn't see it but could definitely smell it. Was that the same one that got thrown later as the goals were close together?

I really hope it was the Donny fans actually because that would be the most tinpot thing ever, to throw a flare when the opposition player scores a second because it is clear you won't get to throw one in celebration.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

As in which team's fans?

It was red so assume it was the Donny fans but it just makes no sense for them to throw one when they conceded.

There was also a flare smell after the first goal. I couldn't see it but could definitely smell it. Was that the same one that got thrown later as the goals were close together?

I really hope it was the Donny fans actually because that would be the most tinpot thing ever, to throw a flare when the opposition player scores a second because it is clear you won't get to throw one in celebration.

They let one off actually in the Lepps after the first goal & then lobbed one on the pitch after the second.

Probably worked on the basis they’d saved some pennies from their benefits to buy flares and nowt was going to stop them using them.

5 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

He thought he may as well get rid of it instead if having to carry it home again.

Proper "cup final day out for them", all excited every time they got in our half for the first 10 minutes, through to their player laying dejectedly on the turf at the end. They just needed the giant foam hands. . 

• Haha 6

Think they were going to throw the flare when Donny scored.
Probably thought they were never going to get the chance so lobbed in anyway on our second.

Was also a bit of trouble and tension on Leppings Lane after the game and it continued along Middlewood Road to Hillsborough Corner.

Plenty of people pointing and name calling going on.

Wish in someways they would just get on with it rather then all this 'Come On Then' stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, unkastav said:

True. Sadly there wont be many matches with much atmosphere this season regarding away fans

Fleetwood will bring about 100 on Tuesday. :duntmatter:

Rotherham depends on how well they are doing, anywhere near top and they'll bring 4,000+ if not it will be about 800.

Sunderland, Lincoln and Bolton will bring good followings and Ipswich and Portsmouth might do if doing well. 

Rest of league will bring a few hundred. 

• Like 2

Just before we scored the second I pointed at Lepp from Kop and said "is it just me or is there a weird pink haze over there...?". 30 seconds later our second went in and there was a flare on the pitch, which sort of explained it. (I say sort of, still didn't make much sense!) 

:duntmatter:lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Fleetwood will bring about 100 on Tuesday. :duntmatter:

Rotherham depends on how well they are doing, anywhere near top and they'll bring 4,000+ if not it will be about 800.

Sunderland, Lincoln and Bolton will bring good followings and Ipswich and Portsmouth might do if doing well. 

Rest of league will bring a few hundred. 

Burton albion will bring a good few dozen on boxing day

• Haha 2