Wednesday - V - Doncaster Rovers

Short but sweet OMDT from Snoots and great respect to him for keeping up the high standard.  There must be a book in prospect for Snoots's brilliant posts over the last couple of years. We've got a long season ahead until next May - here's hoping the interest is still there this time in April.

Good win today is really important for our confidence - we don't want to be fighting self-doubt any more than we have to so please get stuck in from 15:00:01 onwards, Wednesday.

I’m glad some of our fans don’t support Man Utd, yes they may have battered dirty Leeds 5:1 but they started Dan James instead of Sancho. I mean how could they do that, James has done nothing. Ole out!!! 

These professional managers picking teams to match the formation they want to play and based on fitness, form, style…, how dare they! I just want my favourite player, that I’ve not seen kick a ball yet play! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I’m glad some of our fans don’t support Man Utd, yes they may have battered dirty Leeds 5:1 but they started Dan James instead of Sancho. I mean how could they do that, James has done nothing. Ole out!!! 

These professional managers picking teams to match the formation they want to play and based on fitness, form, style…, how dare they! I just want my favourite player, that I’ve not seen kick a ball yet play! 

It’s calling debating the team pre match, as do every fanbase on the planet. What would you like to talk about?, set the agenda feel free! 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s calling debating the team pre match, as do every fanbase on the planet. What would you like to talk about?, set the agenda feel free! 

Im not telling numpties what they can or can’t say. It’s up to them who they want to play, or whether they give up this soon into a season. 

You talk about what ever you want. Like how you’d change the formation rather than play a player you’re not keen on. Or how you’d play a leftback as a wide forward because the wide forward picked isn’t someone you rate.

Youre entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to think it’s batsh1t crazy. 

Luckily, you’re not the manager of the club and we’re not changing formation week in week out to accommodate your favourites. 

Let’s hope the fans in the ground offer more support than some on here.

I've been sh*tting on Green quite hard the last few days, but as someone was kinda fair to point out, he has only managed something like the equivalent of 5 or 6 full games for us (in a struggling team) if you add up all the minutes he's played. I will give him slightly more opportunity before passing a complete damning judgement, but he simply must start showing more. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Im not telling numpties what they can or can’t say. It’s up to them who they want to play, or whether they give up this soon into a season. 

You talk about what ever you want. Like how you’d change the formation rather than play a player you’re not keen on. Or how you’d play a leftback as a wide forward because the wide forward picked isn’t someone you rate.

Youre entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to think it’s batsh1t crazy. 

Luckily, you’re not the manager of the club and we’re not changing formation week in week out to accommodate your favourites. 

Let’s hope the fans in the ground offer more support than some on here.

Brown played high up the pitch last week. So now we’re numpties because we’re  suggesting other players. This sounds like a you problem to be honest 

Edited by FreshOwl

7 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I really, really hope Green has an absolute stomer today. 

Definitely, really hope he starts to come good. Confidence may be a major issue, and Moore is clearly putting an arm around him and showing he trusts him. Could be brilliant man management if it comes off, really hope it does. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Brown played high up the pitch last week. So now we’re numpties because they’re suggesting other players. This sounds like a you problem to be honest 

If you think you’re a numpty that’s on you I’m afraid. I never called you anything, just said I don’t police their comments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

If you think you’re a numpty that’s on you I’m afraid. I never called you anything, just said I don’t police their comments. 

Look people will comment on the team regardless of you. Relax, go burn some incense or something 

• Haha 1

Don’t think that side looks too bad to be honest. I’m assuming Green is being used based on what Moore has seen in training and the fact that he has been with us for the full pre season. 

Defensively that is a very good lineup at this level, as is the midfield.

It’s going to take a bit of time to get the new players working effectively together and as unambitious  as it sounds a draw would be Ok at this stage in the season.

• Love 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Not keen on the starting team or bench. The players seem to love Moore but his match day decisions have not been good so far since he’s been here.

On the flip side, he knows who is fit and who isn’t so in Moore we trust I guess.