Inter Milan in a heap of trouble

darra

£650 million in debt and the banks want their money back. 

BREAKING: Inter Milan is heading towards Liquidation. The plan is to sell all players who an offer arrives for. Selling Lukaku isn’t the end: Lautaro Martinez, Barella, De Vrij as of today, according to Corriere. 😲💰

I know it's bad for the fans of these clubs and I never want to see a club go under, but I'm actually happy that this stuff is now happening to the big clubs and not smaller clubs like Bury & Macclesfield.

Now it's happening to the likes of Barca and Inter it might make the footballing authorities sit up and take notice that finances in football are fizzed

• Like 6
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, darra said:

BREAKING: Inter Milan is heading towards Liquidation. The plan is to sell all players who an offer arrives for. Selling Lukaku isn’t the end: Lautaro Martinez, Barella, De Vrij as of today, according to Corriere. 😲💰

This isn't quite true. Yes they are having struggles due to their parent company losing money during the pandemic but they are still making large bids for other players. They are trying to offload the top earners to bring their wage bill down - Lukaku was on £300k a week allegedly. They have turned down £80m for Martinez from Spurs and are trying to sign Vlahovic from Fiorentina.

Also, Barca will be fine. They are massively in debt but they have so much worldwide income they will always be able to sustain it. They issue they have is La Liga have stopped teams going completely crazy on wages - so they couldnt afford to pay Messi about 250m euros a year (half of his old contract!) without getting rid of other higher earners.

They offered Liverpool the chance to have Coutinho back for free to wipe out the remaining money they owe on him and his wages. If they had done that they probably would have been able to bring Messi back.

There’s a great article on the newcastle forum about this. Not saying it’s correct but it’s an interesting read ( and one you could get your arse sued off for it’s a lie). 

Saying milan are owned by one company, who are owned by another one etc. But the one at the top of the food chain is about to implode. 

Part of me is hoping it’s right so football can start to go back to normal.

Theres actually loads of great discussions on that forum, once you get past Steve Bruce is a f##£+&g c£&t. Threads

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Inter Milan in the s**t.

Barcelona having to let Messi go because they can’t afford to keep him.

Suddenly it’s becoming clear why these clubs were trying to force through the European Super League, rather than sell their best players and reduce their wage bill (like most other clubs have to do) they tried to s**t on everyone else instead.

Here’s hoping a few more of those clubs follow them into the s**t, given how Real Madrid’s president behaved throughout it all hopefully they’ll be next.

The thing is, I'm almost certain that Super League wouldn't have got anywhere if the PL big 6 hadn't agreed to it. 

Unfortunately, three of our big 6 are owned by American owners and a franchise super league system, with no relegation, was right up their alley. 

I'm sure Inter, Barca and all these other big European clubs will find someway of surviving and thriving again. It's just how it is, whilst the smaller teams end up getting punished with points deductions and getting booted out of leagues. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Aren’t they owned by the Chinese? Always a recipe for disaster, you get a group that don’t understand the sport, the club, the history, etc. 

The Newcastle article said they are owned by a chines property business that’s basically a ponzu scheme that’s about to collapse. Hence why the banks are getting nervous. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

The Newcastle article said they are owned by a chines property business that’s basically a ponzu scheme that’s about to collapse. Hence why the banks are getting nervous. 

That's what i heard that the banks are calling in their loans

It seems that football basically has two options:

1) get the ridiculous salaries and agents fees under control

2) continue sucking the life out of all but a handful of 'top' clubs in order to sustain the current status quo for a few more years 

Let's see which they pick.

• Like 1