Premier League 21/22

TBF to Leeds they put in a helluva shift after looking like they were gonna be lucky to not get a 5-6 goal scalping

But narrow, plucky defeats are meaningless for them as their goal difference is savage

Looks like Everton have found their mojo so between Leeds and Burnley then

At least neither team have stunk out the PL like Norwich and Watford

22 hours ago, scram said:

Mad if anybody thinks this is anything but a really mediocre bunch of PL players

Mind boggling the sums they have spent to assemble this achingly average team

They could have done the sensible thing and strengthened their defence instead of spunking loads of money on more attackers they don't need, but nooooo. And they can't blame it on Slabhead this week.

They also should have let Lingard go last season, especially given that he's been gobbing off to the toesucker about the bad vibes in the changing room, but apparently there was something in his contract that stopped him going West Ham? 

I suppose the issue is that they had spent humungous amounts on the defence and didn't improve it

Not sure about Varane because he hasn't been strong on availability but Maguire and Wan Bissaka were horrendously over priced

38 minutes ago, scram said:

I suppose the issue is that they had spent humungous amounts on the defence and didn't improve it

Not sure about Varane because he hasn't been strong on availability but Maguire and Wan Bissaka were horrendously over priced

Maguire and Wan Bissaka were probably worth closer to half what they paid for them. £130m for two average PL defenders, dear me

No rhyme or reason to the recruitment.

Seems to be driven more by PR and social media buzz than any real thought as to how said player fits into a certain style of play/philosophy.

Zlatan, Pogba, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Cavani and even CR7... Some have done decent, but too many flops for such high profile signings.

Massively overpaid for Maguire, probably because he was a bit of an England poster boy at the time after the 2018 WC. Wan Bisakka has a half decent season at Palace and they spend 50 million.

I'd say Bruno is more in keeping with what they should be looking at, but he's completely lost the plot this season. Seems to spend most games complaining and then apologising afterwards.

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

No rhyme or reason to the recruitment.

Seems to be driven more by PR and social media buzz than any real thought as to how said player fits into a certain style of play/philosophy.

Zlatan, Pogba, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Cavani and even CR7... Some have done decent, but too many flops for such high profile signings.

Massively overpaid for Maguire, probably because he was a bit of an England poster boy at the time after the 2018 WC. Wan Bisakka has a half decent season at Palace and they spend 50 million.

I'd say Bruno is more in keeping with what they should be looking at, but he's completely lost the plot this season. Seems to spend most games complaining and then apologising afterwards.

Agree on this. 

Bruno was a proper Man Utd type of signing. Young, not a major superstar but loads of potential. 

However after this year, he'd be the first out of the door for me, followed by Pogba, Fred, Matic, Lingard and Rashford. 

Surprised they didn't even have Diaz at Liverpool on their Radar this year

The other signings you list are so far away from the traditional Man Utd values, it's crazy. Old, has been names. 

I grew up in the '90s. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the downfall of Man United absolutely hilarious. Alex Ferguson needs to make like Elsa and LET IT GO.

I absolutely hate Liverpool as well and resent them being rammed down my throat like a giant red wang. I know City are an evil oil club but they're the only actual threat to Liverpool, Chelsea can't cut it. Too inconsistent. 

There is a massive mainstream bias towards the traditional massive clubs of England - Arsenal, Liverpool and United. 

Has been like that for years. 

If City were going for a quadruple, then the media wouldn't be w@nking themselves silly over it. 

There was that screenshot doing the rounds (might have been put on here) where in the space of 12-months one journalist (Telegraph) had gone from declaring that City winning the quadruple was bad for the game to everyone (bar City, United) should get behind Liverpool winning all 4 trophies. After this was pointed out to him, he tried to argue that it was only because City have been so dominant in recent years. Conveniently ignored the fact that Liverpool have won three trophies and have been nearly as dominant as City league wise, albeit they've only got one title so far.

There is also this weird narrative where Liverpool are somehow portrayed as the plucky underdog. I appreciate the fact that they operate a more sustainable model than City and that is fair enough, but they are still bloody Liverpool and capable of demanding and spending absurd transfer fees when it suits them. You don't see Southampton spending 75 million on a goalkeeper, do you? 

I kind of view City as a sort of necessary evil. I don't overly like them, but if they spare us having to endure plastic Mancs (the United ones) and Scousers lauding the fact their team has won everything then so be it. I also find City far more palatable than Chelsea as a football club. That's not to do with the respective owners (though Chelsea about to get a new one) and more to do with the fact that the few City fans I know are decent people. The few Chelsea fans I've encountered have been obnoxious tw@ts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

There is a massive mainstream bias towards the traditional massive clubs of England - Arsenal, Liverpool and United. 

Has been like that for years. 

If City were going for a quadruple, then the media wouldn't be w@nking themselves silly over it. 

There was that screenshot doing the rounds (might have been put on here) where in the space of 12-months one journalist (Telegraph) had gone from declaring that City winning the quadruple was bad for the game to everyone (bar City, United) should get behind Liverpool winning all 4 trophies. After this was pointed out to him, he tried to argue that it was only because City have been so dominant in recent years. Conveniently ignored the fact that Liverpool have won three trophies and have been nearly as dominant as City league wise, albeit they've only got one title so far.

There is also this weird narrative where Liverpool are somehow portrayed as the plucky underdog. I appreciate the fact that they operate a more sustainable model than City and that is fair enough, but they are still bloody Liverpool and capable of demanding and spending absurd transfer fees when it suits them. You don't see Southampton spending 75 million on a goalkeeper, do you? 

I kind of view City as a sort of necessary evil. I don't overly like them, but if they spare us having to endure plastic Mancs (the United ones) and Scousers lauding the fact their team has won everything then so be it. I also find City far more palatable than Chelsea as a football club. That's not to do with the respective owners (though Chelsea about to get a new one) and more to do with the fact that the few City fans I know are decent people. The few Chelsea fans I've encountered have been obnoxious tw@ts. 

There’s also a disproportionate number of Liverpool and Man United linked pundits and presenters. They obviously don’t outright favour their team, but it’s unavoidable at times to let it cloud your punditry / presentation.

36 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Haaland to City for 63 million would be a real bargain imo. The lad is special. 

Said on here last year that i hoped he would end up in the premier league and wouldn't mind it being at city.

Really hope he does come to the premier league, unreal player.