Championship Thread

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Coventry top of the league. 3-0 up. 

I always considered them a basketcase club in the last decade. Must feel great for them. Upwards momentum is powerful. 

They play neat attacking, progressive football.

Lots of energy, with some good young players.

Callum O'Hare possibly the stand out, IMHO.

They should realistically have had 5 or 6 tonight, against what admittedly, looked to be a very poor "Posh".

They had 2 very strong penalty appeals turned down, by yet another incompetent referee.

Credit to their manager, Mark Robins, who has assembled an attractive side on what I have heard, is reputedly the lowest budget in the Championship.

Since returning to what was formerly the Ricoh Arena, now renamed (take a deep breath) the "Coventry Building Society Arena", their attendances have increased dramatically, to 20,000 plus.

Their loyal fanbase probably deserve to enjoy their moment in the sunshine, after ground sharing with both Northampton & Birmingham in recent times.

It can only provide optimism to all supporters of teams who have experienced troubled times recently............

Mentioning no names!

• Like 3

On 24/09/2021 at 22:12, TheEnchanter said:

Coventry top of the league. 3-0 up. 

I always considered them a basketcase club in the last decade. Must feel great for them. Upwards momentum is powerful. 

They were in L2 and groundless only a few years ago. Now look far better bet than us to make it back to the PL.

On 25/09/2021 at 00:32, Hirstyslaces said:

They play neat attacking, progressive football.

Lots of energy, with some good young players.

Callum O'Hare possibly the stand out, IMHO.

They should realistically have had 5 or 6 tonight, against what admittedly, looked to be a very poor "Posh".

They had 2 very strong penalty appeals turned down, by yet another incompetent referee.

Credit to their manager, Mark Robins, who has assembled an attractive side on what I have heard, is reputedly the lowest budget in the Championship.

Since returning to what was formerly the Ricoh Arena, now renamed (take a deep breath) the "Coventry Building Society Arena", their attendances have increased dramatically, to 20,000 plus.

Their loyal fanbase probably deserve to enjoy their moment in the sunshine, after ground sharing with both Northampton & Birmingham in recent times.

It can only provide optimism to all supporters of teams who have experienced troubled times recently............

Mentioning no names!

Coventry won't thank me for giving them the kiss of death, as Luton thrashed them 5-0 on Wednesday night!😳

Presumably Coventry's Godden will get a retrospective ban for his dive for the penalty. Alex Neil on Sky was giving the old "it's fine, he's just bought a foul", but there wasn't any contact at all - clear daylight between the players - so you can't even say that.