Championship Thread

Godden has admitted the charge and been given a two-game ban, as I expected would happen.

I've had a look at Coventry's main forum and it's interesting to see how many posters on there can't understand the rule. The main point is that they're saying if the ref realised at the time that it was a dive Godden would have got a yellow card, so it's unfair that he's now got a retrospective ban. The whole point is that Godden's cheating successfully conned the officials. If he hadn't conned them they wouldn't have had the penalty. It's not rocket science.

Some of their fans are even saying the referee's assistant should be punished for also being deceived. They're also saying that they've only been punished because Fulham went bleating to the authorities.

The only sympathy I have with them is that it might not have been flagged up if it hadn't been a main game live on Sky. I suspect that there are other similar incidents that don't get punished because they don't get the detailed analysis that a main match on Sky gets. Having said that, it was an embarrassing dive.

3 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

Dem Dingles going darn

pretty sure there was a thread on here over the summer, dozens of pages about how well run and forward thinking they are. Fast a few months and they can't buy a win, in the relegation zone with one of their stands closed down as the owners are looking to buy the ground on the cheap.  

On 18/10/2021 at 13:56, owls maniac said:

He’s done now. Flopped in last 2 jobs. 

And to think some want him at S6.

He did reasonably well 2nd half of last season, as a quick fix at the time he was available he would likely have got us more points than we managed last season.

Not what we need now though. 

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He did reasonably well 2nd half of last season, as a quick fix at the time he was available he would likely have got us more points than we managed last season.

Not what we need now though. 

Who really knows, I thought Pulis was going to have the same kind of impact. 

Think Dingle Mick done now.

26 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Mitrovic is ridiculous at this level. 18 goals from 15 games - 3 more league goals than we’ve managed all season

Similar club to Norwich with their yo-yo PL appearances Fulham. Which beggars belief why no bigger London club has come in to buy Mitrovic.

Got to be worth a punt for one of them, & he wouldn't have to move house! 

6 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Similar club to Norwich with their yo-yo PL appearances Fulham. Which beggars belief why no bigger London club has come in to buy Mitrovic.

Got to be worth a punt for one of them, & he wouldn't have to move house! 

Mitrovoc is the player version of Fulham. 

Too good for champ, woeful at PL level. 

That's why nobody else has come in for him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1