Jump to content

Championship Thread


Recommended Posts

Surprised there’s isn’t a thread so far. 
 

Bournemouth v West Brom on now and it’s the first game of the season.


Pretty much Football v Hoofball this one. Bournemouth playing some tidy stuff but the Baggies have just equalised with a header after peppering their box. They look very dangerous from every cross ball, long throw and set piece.

 

Who so people fancy for promotion and relegation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got to think those who come down will be in the top six along with Bournemouth.

 

They have a huge advantage, arguably more so than usual due to the parlous state of Championship finances atm.

 

Dark horse tip would be QPR who have recruited well. Also wouldn't rule out Boro and Cardiff. Colin and Mad Mick know what this division takes.

 

Regarding this game, you can see why Barnsley did so well - this style of play is like organised chaos.

 

Edited by SiJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watching this WBA game.

Commentators saying they can't see the foul in the lead up to the disallowed goal.

I can see a clear push on the keeper from a WBA player.

 

Maybe not the most forceful of push, but a clear push?

 

Am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are very direct West Brom. Like SiJ says a bit like Barnsley last season with their high energy, high tempo, style. Tough to defend against, not pretty to watch.

 

And agreed Skyline there was definitely a foul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

They are very direct West Brom. Like SiJ says a bit like Barnsley last season with their high energy, high tempo, style. Tough to defend against, not pretty to watch.

 

And agreed Skyline there was definitely a foul.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Weak maybe, but still a foul in there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looked at the squads of WBA and Bournemouth yesterday. 

 

Why the hell was Johnstone on be ch for WBA? And Bournemouth had a decent first XI but bench looked very average. 

 

 

Shame we are so poo , cos the champ doesn't look great this season at all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Looked at the squads of WBA and Bournemouth yesterday. 

 

Why the hell was Johnstone on be ch for WBA? And Bournemouth had a decent first XI but bench looked very average. 

 

 

Shame we are so poo , cos the champ doesn't look great this season at all 


He only returned from his holidays in the week and wouldn’t have been involved at all until our substitute keeper got injured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:


He only returned from his holidays in the week and wouldn’t have been involved at all until our substitute keeper got injured.

Interesting. Is he offski you reckon or just needs a couple of weeks before he's back ready? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Interesting. Is he offski you reckon or just needs a couple of weeks before he's back ready? 


He’s up for sale as he only has 12 months on his current deal - we would happily sell to bring some additional monies for us to reinvest in the squad.

 

There does not appear to be any interest and the avenues for a sale and pretty much closed - there is talk he is about t sign a new deal with a release clause should we not go up.

 

He will start next Saturday, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fulham looking good at this level again. 

Boro playing just like any other Warnock team. 

Dirty tactics trying to kick opposition off pitch. 

Colin and his pal already received yellow cards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fulham have best squad by far imo. 

 

WBA to be up there. 

 

Think Birmingham wil surprise a few. Bowyer is a poo house, but he gets his team organised, and has assembled a decent squad.

 

Dont get the hype over QPR personally 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...