Championship Thread

On 30/10/2021 at 22:08, fudge27 said:

Mitrovoc is the player version of Fulham. 

Too good for champ, woeful at PL level. 

That's why nobody else has come in for him 

No one is coming in for him because the money Fulham would hold out for wouldn't be seen as good value. If Mitrovic was a free agent then a number of PL clubs would be in for him.

Mitrovic being woeful or not good enough at PL level is a complete myth. See how he does in a team that isn't woeful.

He had a reasonable record for Newcastle. First time with Fulham scored 11 in a woeful team, then last season was unfit for first half of season, then had covid and was completely misused by Parker. Only started 15 times, instead later being dropped for Maja and Cavaleiro, the latter who isn't a CF and is pretty khazi.

2 hours ago, Putney said:

No one is coming in for him because the money Fulham would hold out for wouldn't be seen as good value. If Mitrovic was a free agent then a number of PL clubs would be in for him.

Mitrovic being woeful or not good enough at PL level is a complete myth. See how he does in a team that isn't woeful.

He had a reasonable record for Newcastle. First time with Fulham scored 11 in a woeful team, then last season was unfit for first half of season, then had covid and was completely misused by Parker. Only started 15 times, instead later being dropped for Maja and Cavaleiro, the latter who isn't a CF and is pretty khazi.

If he was a free agent Brewster would have PL suitors too. 

He isn't, so he doesn't. Wasn't aware Regards his fitness last season, just saw he wasn't picked a great deal and in the games he was he offered little imo. Reminds me of a Dwight Gayle or even Billy Sharp type in that he is a menace and will get 20-30 in the champ, in the PL of you get 5-10 from him he's done what you'd expect. 

On a side note, why did Parker leave, seemed a strange move, but right now Bournemouth are flying, what was the feeling with Fulham fans? 

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

If he was a free agent Brewster would have PL suitors too. 

He isn't, so he doesn't. Wasn't aware Regards his fitness last season, just saw he wasn't picked a great deal and in the games he was he offered little imo. Reminds me of a Dwight Gayle or even Billy Sharp type in that he is a menace and will get 20-30 in the champ, in the PL of you get 5-10 from him he's done what you'd expect. 

On a side note, why did Parker leave, seemed a strange move, but right now Bournemouth are flying, what was the feeling with Fulham fans? 

If PL squads were drafted/picked in the playground then there would be a lot of current players not picked. Can speculate who he could start for but he's definitely better than the backups of a lot of teams. I think it's the same situation for Tom Cairney (or at least was). The sort of team who'd find a use for him would never want to spend £20m on him, that sort of money you need someone to keep you up. Either you own him already or get him on a free.

Was an odd situation for Mitrovic. Start of last season he effectively had no preseason break as well, was straight in the Serbia squad.

Parker left because of the club hierarchy, but also I think once Fulham realised that Bournemouth were interested then they were happy to get rid. Reportedly on £4m per year so the compensation they'd have to pay out to sack him would have been a lot as opposed to letting him walk/gentleman's agreement.

The feeling? Put it this way.... Fulham scored 9 goals total at home last season. This season it's 19 in 8 games. You can't complain when it's entertaining and results are coming. Wish Parker wasn't in the same league because it's an unnecessary distraction. Crunch game Friday 3rd December.

Fulham should go up really.

Got so much quality for that level and loads of experience with promotions too.

Problem is when they get back up. I'm I right that Ream and Hector with Odoi are the defence atm? All three very good Championship players, but have always seemed out of their depth in the PL. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Fulham should go up really.

Got so much quality for that level and loads of experience with promotions too.

Problem is when they get back up. I'm I right that Ream and Hector with Odoi are the defence atm? All three very good Championship players, but have always seemed out of their depth in the PL. 

The defence is Tosin and Ream centre backs, Tete right back and Robinson left back. Realistically a centre back is needed to replace Ream and probably a left back.

Tete has been injured for a few months but he's very good. On the fringe of the Dutch national team.