Let's be honest

Apart from Wing, I've never heard of the other signings, realistically where can we finish with this squad? Corbeanu and Kamberi have just met,it might take a few games to gel, can see a few negative results at the beginning , but it feels to me like a pick & mix situation, hopefully it will be a positive season, in Moore we trust

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Apart from Wing, I've never heard of the other signings, realistically where can we finish with this squad? Corbeanu and Kamberi have just met,it might take a few games to gel, can see a few negative results at the beginning , but it feels to me like a pick & mix situation, hopefully it will be a positive season, in Moore we trust

Other teams are in the same position and need to gel too 

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Good post.

Will it be Harrods pick & mix or Woolworths pick & mix?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I’m not expecting much this season the team is 80% new so top 10 would be great , we have never managed to go back up first time but we are stronger than we have ever been 

Its always risky when you sign so many players at the same time. Not all the signings will turn out like we’d hoped. 

I think the opening month will be key, get off to a good start and we could see this young team do well, but struggle at the start and it could be a long season ahead.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I had never heard of Benito Carbone when he signed for us. 

• Like 3

In Carlos first season it took us till October for all the new players to gel and start looking like a good team( I know they were better players and cost more than what we have now)  it's still a simular scenario. If we are in  top half by mid October and DM can get them playing we might just have a chance. UTO

• Like 1

A lot of new players,  but we have signed a competent goalkeeper and have a  back 4 of:

Hunt Iorfa Hutch Palmer

At this level, I can’t believe that that won’t be the strongest defence in the league; I don’t think we will concede a lot.

Ahead of that, we have Bannan who will stroll it at this level and Wing who is proven quality. My only doubt is about the wingers and strikers and how effective we will be in those positions. 

Personally, I can’t see us not at least making the play-offs, the wingers and strikers will be the difference between the play-offs and automatic.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
55 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

You really are a miserable sod! You make me look like Mr Happy!!

Hopefully we get of to a good start on Saturday.  3 Points and a few goals.  Really go for it and show our intent for the season.

Get the momentum going straight away.

Seriously we've nothing to fear in the league.  I'm quite hopeful of top 2 - but realistically top 6 should be our least aim.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Hopefully we get of to a good start on Saturday.  3 Points and a few goals.  Really go for it and show our intent for the season.

Get the momentum going straight away.

Seriously we've nothing to fear in the league.  I'm quite hopeful of top 2 - but realistically top 6 should be our least aim.

For some reason I thought we were playing on Sunday. I was about to take the pee out of your post but thought I'd better check before I did.

I owe you a pint lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

I’m not expecting much this season the team is 80% new so top 10 would be great , we have never managed to go back up first time but we are stronger than we have ever been 

1990-1991.

Best season ever

But Danielle has a point.

We all got excited about Sougou and Matias but that quickly faded. This season we don’t have the funds to buy a Hooper mid-season to turn us round.

That said, I am struggling to contain my optimism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I think we will start slowly but will gain momentum after 6-10. Top 2 is possible, top 6 likely.

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We will only sign players you have heard off then.