Let's be honest

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Apart from Wing, I've never heard of the other signings, realistically where can we finish with this squad? Corbeanu and Kamberi have just met,it might take a few games to gel, can see a few negative results at the beginning , but it feels to me like a pick & mix situation, hopefully it will be a positive season, in Moore we trust

Speak for yourself & your own football knowledge. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Other teams are in the same position and need to gel too 

Another way of looking at that is our opponents won’t know anything about the strengths/weaknesses of most of our players. Looking at the squad we’re assembling, except for the defence, I have no idea how we’ll line up in the early games. Hopefully we can snatch some advantage by exploiting this early on. 

Forever the optimist.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed. There are no really settled top sides this season, in terms of quality I think many are roughly on par with each other.

It'll be whoever gets it together that goes up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Another way of looking at that is our opponents won’t know anything about the strengths/weaknesses of most of our players. Looking at the squad we’re assembling, except for the defence, I have no idea how we’ll line up in the early games. Hopefully we can snatch some advantage by exploiting this early on. 

Forever the optimist.

Deffo!

Owlstalk Shop

I think we’ve done some excellent business so far, DM almost has exactly what he needs to contend for an automatic spot. I would argue we still need another striker and a centre back but we are looking much stronger than I anticipated.

We’ve signed EXACTLY what we’ve needed, in particular Wing & Shodipo I think will be big players for us this season. I’m sure not all our signings will pan out, it’s inevitable there’s a few duds in there but overall very positive. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I made a point yesterday when a poster said we had 5 new recruits and that was one of the reasons that Huddersfield

were more of a team, I pointed out the fact they also had 4 new recruits, so according to the reply I got, makes 

your post irrelevant.

Just a thought.

Stabilisation of the free-fall would be a positive outcome for this season. Talking to a number of Wednesday fans, one thing is clear; we are a club devoid of any real direction or character. We aren’t a battling side, we don’t play particularly attractive or positive football, despite having had players meant to be of decent calibre on the books. All a bit of a nothing at the moment and hard to see things changing massively whilst DC remains festering at the helm. Only positive is we appear to have cleared out the mercenaries and whilst there is zero strategic direction from DC he does seem to be backing DM. For me, if this season can bring some togetherness and hope then it is a case of job done.

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

But Danielle has a point.

We all got excited about Sougou and Matias but that quickly faded. This season we don’t have the funds to buy a Hooper mid-season to turn us round.

That said, I am struggling to contain my optimism. 

Must have missed all the excitement about the signings of Sougou and Matias...:pulis:

Well if the OP has not heard of Hunt or Peacock-Farrell it really surprises me he thinks we're simply putting together a pick-and-mix squad. I'd bet just about every L1 club would love to have those two, plus Wing in their squad. Given DM's record I'm confident the others will perform well in the main.

• Like 1