ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s guesswork tbh. They haven’t impressed me in any games apart from Russia.

Braithwate will cause problems, but they aren’t any better than Germany or Croatia that’s for sure. With the momentum we have, and 60k behind us we need to be getting through this. An early goal will settle the nerves, and we seem to be good at getting them this tournament 

Well, first game was a write off, were beating Belgium at half time but De Bryune changed the game, battered Russia, beat Wales 4-0, comfortable against Czech Republic.

Not in England’s class but they’ve had a good tournament 

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

You think Denmark are the 2nd best side left? They barely got out of their group. People quick to say we’ve not played a decent side but ignoring we hadn’t beaten Germany in a million years. Who has Denmark played who are decent? They played Belgium and got beat. 

croatia were in terrible form when we played them. Scotland came at us and we struggled and thats probably the worst German team we've played in my lifetime and Ukraine were ragged.

Yes we've done the job and can only beat what's in front of us but like the World Cup we got a lucky draw. Denmark will be tough but we can beat them but we are certainly not world beaters like some would say.

That first half v Ukraine every comment I saw on social media was how poor and slow England were then next thing because we win its all forgotten

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, darklord said:

croatia were in terrible form when we played them. Scotland came at us and we struggled and thats probably the worst German team we've played in my lifetime and Ukraine were ragged.

Yes we've done the job and can only beat what's in front of us but like the World Cup we got a lucky draw. Denmark will be tough but we can beat them but we are certainly not world beaters like some would say.

That first half v Ukraine every comment I saw on social media was how poor and slow England were then next thing because we win its all forgotten

I don't think we were poor and slow, we'd gone one nil and Ukraine hardly threatened until they had a little spell towards the end of the first half, the early goal in the second half killed them off and the rest was a canter, that's tournament football.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think we were poor and slow, we'd gone one nil and Ukraine hardly threatened until they had a little spell towards the end of the first half, the early goal in the second half killed them off and the rest was a canter, that's tournament football.

we made Wednesday look like a forward passing attacking leviathan in comparison

1 hour ago, darklord said:

Most England fans haven’t had the benefit of watching Sheffield Wednesday all season so don’t fully appreciate exactly how bad football can be. Every time I see an England defender pass it to another defender who then calmly passes it to one of his midfield colleagues without panicking or simply smashing it forward I am open mouthed in wonder!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

They’d have comfortably got out the group were it not for the Erickson incident.. they should have been a couple of goals up by half time against Finland.

But I think they’re the weakest team left.. wouldn’t take any of their players, maybe Schmeichal but Pickford has been on fire. Their midfield has the likes of Hojberg who doesn’t do much for Spurs 

I would have maehle in our team. 

• Haha 1

Interesting first half in the Italy Spain game 

Spain obviously dominating possession and had a few good chances ,Italy old boys at cb look knackered 

Spain are awful at the back, watched every game they've played and their keeper has dropped a clanger in every one 

Italy have offered very little 

I think Spain will just edge it in second half and get a winner 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Got to get past Denmark, and I'm not counting my chickens, but I agree we've got a really good chance. Spain looked the better side tonight IMO too.

I haven't had a high opinion of Denmark from the beginning of the tournament but they're here near the death so they've got something.

I'm not a flag waver usually but England easily look the strongest team now that we've virtually seen the tournament play out.

I can't see a weakness that Denmark or Italy can exploit.

Can you?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I haven't had a high opinion of Denmark from the beginning of the tournament but they're here near the death so they've got something.

I'm not a flag waver usually but England easily look the strongest team now that we've virtually seen the tournament play out.

I can't see a weakness that Denmark or Italy can exploit.

Can you?

I think we're the best team left but sometimes football kicks you in the nuts just because it can! Ideally we get past Denmark in 90 minutes without sending offs or injuries. If we do this could and should be our year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I think we're the best team left but sometimes football kicks you in the nuts just because it can! Ideally we get past Denmark in 90 minutes without sending offs or injuries. If we do this could and should be our year. 

Oh there's no doubt that we'll have 15 confirmed with covid at halftime and a 60000 pitch invasion when we're 5-0 up.

What else were you expecting Teddy?

Denmark have that bit of momentum. Whether it's Erikkson scenario I dunno. 

I think we'll do em. But I don't think it'll be a cake walk. 

They've some decent players and I do think they might get the off sniff with a quick one-two behind our full backs if they nick the ball when we're advanced.  That and the odd hoof in behind us. They're not afraid to bring a bit of the 1980's to the party when it's needed these Scandinavian sides. 

Lads have to make sure they play the game not the occasion, and put any thoughts of Italy well to the back of their minds.

There's a job to do here. 

2-1 England

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Now that cheating Italy made their way to the finale yesterday and Spain is out, I'm all about England winning the Euro.. was hoping for England - Spain in the finale, would've been entertaining. Now have to rely on England to send the pasta boys empty-handed back to Italy 😄 

Not underestimating Denmark, but feeling confident England take this one tonight. 2-0 to England.

• Haha 1