ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread

This game can't come quick enough. What a great distraction from the mess of SWFC right now. 

Feels like Denmark are the new Sweden in terms of bogey teams. At least we put that to bed in 2018 and here's hoping we do the same on Wednesday.

Really can't make out how good Denmark are, I've been impressed with them so far and they are 10th in the world rankings. Will be a stern test but back us to scrape through.

Come on England!!!! 

2-1 Kane x2. I think Grealish may well start the game and inevitably have a hand in at least one of the goals.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

This game can't come quick enough. What a great distraction from the mess of SWFC right now. 

Feels like Denmark are the new Sweden in terms of bogey teams. At least we put that to bed in 2018 and here's hoping we do the same on Wednesday.

Really can't make out how good Denmark are, I've been impressed with them so far and they are 10th in the world rankings. Will be a stern test but back us to scrape through.

Come on England!!!! 

2-1 Kane x2. I think Grealish may well start the game and inevitably have a hand in at least one of the goals.

Yeah I was impressed with the Danes too but their performance against the Czechs wasn't great. Here's hoping we can overcome them.

Out of curiosity if we do beat Denmark who are people wanting in the final. myself think we'd have a better chance of beating spain but thinking about Italys aging defence and the speed of sterling, sako, Sancho seems like it could be a good match up. 

Edited by mozzy85

Denmark are a very good team and will be a real challenge.  However,  this England side is getting better as the tournament progresses. They are defensively solid with some attacking flair and numerous options on the bench.  With a big Wembley crowd behind them I think England will do it but it will be tight.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Baldockowl said:

I predicted this as a semi.

Denmark will be a tough game since their player almost died they have worked really well together as a team.

Thankfully we are more of a team then we have been in decades so it will be a good match. Hope we come through. Up the Lions

Hope you lumped on. 

57 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Out of curiosity if we do beat Denmark who are people wanting in the final. myself think we'd have a better chance of beating spain but thinking about Italys aging defence and the speed of sterling, sako, Sancho seems like it could be a good match up. 

I think that Chiellini would cope fine. Lukaku is pacy and strong, didn't trouble him at all, he had him in his pocket

10 minutes ago, markg said:

I think that Chiellini would cope fine. Lukaku is pacy and strong, didn't trouble him at all, he had him in his pocket

Unfortunately I agree with this. Chielline is an exceptional defender. His reading of the game and just out and out love of defending is unreal. Where we might have an edge is the attacking threat for England is often from wide with excellent crosses flying in which even the best defenders on Earth will always struggle with. Also Italy have lost one of their best players in Spinazzola which is terrible news for him but great news for whoever face Italy. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if Italy Spain is a tight game. Could even go to pens. Then it’s anyone’s game. 

Denmark are at a different level to Ukraine. We should have the beating of them if we play well but it isn’t going to be walk in the park. Still, would rather face Denmark in the semi than Italy or Spain. 
A large partisan crowd should help England a bit but I don’t think it will phase the Danes. 
More than anything I’m hoping it’s a ‘game to far’ for a Denmark team who have punched above their weight. 

• Like 1

If we are to win this trophy we have 2 very difficult opponents to overcome.

But the best team ( France ) is out, the ultimate football opponent ( Germany ) has been defeated.

We are at home for both games, there will never be a better chance than this.

• Like 1

Guest OwlPastie

It's a game we really should win. Apart from Schmeichel, none of their team makes it into ours. Our subs, and even players left at home like Ward Prowse and Madison, Watkins, Lingard walk into their side. 

Be a tough tight game this 

Anyone who gets to a semi final is a good team 

England will be favourites but getting too confident will be the downfall 

Anyone remember the iceland game ?

Predict England will get through bit won't be easy 

2 -1 

• Like 2