ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't argue with that

But it's only a few idiots - they don't represent us football fans

It won't taint it for me. 

Wins a win. 

• Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Same here 
Just a few nobbers being nobbers
Foooook those fans
I do hope thought that the laser pen guy gets put into prisonz

lol

Probably their second choice goalie. 

Muttering to himsen in his hotel room all week. "Schmeichel this...this Schmeichel that, ooh, following in his dads footsteps...I'm just as good as him. The b'stard. I'll show em."

• Haha 3

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Just now, Errol Flashman said:

Probably their second choice goalie. 

Muttering to himsen in his hotel room all week. "Schmeichel this...this Schmeichel that, ooh, following in his dads footsteps...I'm just as good as him. The b'stard. I'll show em."

With Barry Bannan and Seth Bennett egging him on

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

I think we deserved the win in the end. The pen was a bit jammy as was Kane getting a simple rebound (which when you watch again Schmeichel actually almost got to that as well!) but we were on top at the time and if the pen wasn’t given I’d still have fancied us to press home our advantage. 

Its the lack of ‘star player’ that I’m really enjoying. Sure Kane is a key player but he’s certainly no prima donna. The whole team seem to play for each other and run and run like I’ve never seen an England team do before. I think Sancho has the edge for me over Saka but, Saka did creat the 1st goal and does his defensive work well so maybe it’s better for the team to have Saka starting. 

I’m certainly not confident we will beat Italy but think it’s genuinely 50:50. 

6 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

Were  Denmark a tougher opponent or did we make hard work of it?

A bit of both perhaps.

Denmark played very well and passed the ball brilliantly. But they are still Brentford plus Dohlberg. And he had plenty of chances. 
schmeichel is starting to look like the best keeper in the world whilst Pickford began to look a bit erratic.  we weren’t quite able to reach peak form.
I was surprised that he left Sancho out.  saka wasn’t quite as good imo.

But our former Ram, Mason Mount played very well 

Grealish was ok. A bit slow and casual  but he would have created something for us if allowed to play on.
we played very well at times but a soft penalty is ultimately a slightly disappointing way to win.

I would guess that playing Saka rather than Sancho was a tactical decision based on how Denmark attack.

As Saka seems better able to track back.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I think we deserved the win in the end. The pen was a bit jammy as was Kane getting a simple rebound (which when you watch again Schmeichel actually almost got to that as well!) but we were on top at the time and if the pen wasn’t given I’d still have fancied us to press home our advantage. 

Its the lack of ‘star player’ that I’m really enjoying. Sure Kane is a key player but he’s certainly no prima donna. The whole team seem to play for each other and run and run like I’ve never seen an England team do before. I think Sancho has the edge for me over Saka but, Saka did creat the 1st goal and does his defensive work well so maybe it’s better for the team to have Saka starting. 

I’m certainly not confident we will beat Italy but think it’s genuinely 50:50. 

It's a regular reoccurring comment about the teamwork and lack of ego, and no doubt down to this guy:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/96264196/england-football-team-developing-team-culture-with-help-from-all-blacks-mentor

https://findingmastery.net/owen-eastwood/

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/football/kiwi-leading-culture-change-within-england-football-team-ahead-euros

15 minutes ago, Furious George said:

It’s interesting how much difference this stuff makes to a team game. The shirt is more important to the individual and leadership is about putting others first not yourself. England have punched beneath our weight for so long we really have had to change our approach. I’m just glad it’s working!

5 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess that playing Saka rather than Sancho was a tactical decision based on how Denmark attack.

As Saka seems better able to track back.

quite possibly. But why worry about them. Give them an attacking problem to deal with. 

6 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Disappointing way to win ,!!! Give over we have had no luck in previous semis over thee years. It was great to have some luck for once Hopefully this is England's year, we have waited s long time for this. Everyone should just enjoy it.

Sorry mate.

I’m used to watching Derby play everyone off the park and score hatfuls.

E5zVi4GXEAUfmaT.jpg

E5zVi4NWQAQH92J.jpg

E5zVi4IWUAg2eNw.jpg

Owlstalk Shop