Dunks

It's true to be fair, so many 🔔ends on social media, not everyone online but for alot it has become a platform for abuse which for many trolls would probably not have the balls to say to a person's face. Criticism and discussion yes, 🔔ends... grow up. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So sick of our fans attacking our own players now

You can also bet some of these s**t stains who abuse players on social media would be guffawing if they met them asking for selfies and whatnot to get more attention on said social media channels

• Like 3

I am mystified as to why any one in the public eye particularly professional sportsmen want to go on social media. They really do put themselves up to be shot at sometimes and moan when they are. I wish they would do us all a favour and stay off. Do what they are supposed to ie play to the best of their ability then shut up.

12 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I am mystified as to why any one in the public eye particularly professional sportsmen want to go on social media. They really do put themselves up to be shot at sometimes and moan when they are. I wish they would do us all a favour and stay off. Do what they are supposed to ie play to the best of their ability then shut up.

Because they have every right to, like anyone else. 

Yes, some of their comments after a loss etc ticks off fans, but they should not be subjected to abuse. Thing is, it's a different persons view of what " Abuse " is. Being an ex serviceman, today I could say I was abused endlessly..... No.. It was ******** taking and " Constructive criticism " With lots of Anglo saxon thrown in. 

But real abuse... Shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Bloody Hell - I forgot we still had Dunkley.  

I know he probably shouldn’t have played against Derby (what with being rushed back and I could see the logic in starting him) but that performance of his still gives me nightmares.  Absolutely shambolic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Being an ex serviceman, today I could say I was abused endlessly..... No.. It was ******** taking and " Constructive criticism " With lots of Anglo saxon thrown in. 

Did we all have the same CSM 🤣 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I can't honestly serious believe that there are people in 2021 with this attitude ☝️

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Whenever I hear people say that it's ok to abuse players or that they should be forced off social media I always think back to U2 and Bono

During a U2 concert in Belfast a few years ago Bono asked the crowd for total silence

As the crowd went deathly quiet (all 15000 of them) the lights went down and just Bono was lit in a solo spotlight

He edged slowly towards the microphone

You could hear a pin drop

Then he did one clap

Just one clap

He did it into the microphone and it went through the sound system and echoed around the stadium

Then.. as silence fell and the stadium was deathly quiet again he did one more clap

Again it echoed through the sound system and around the stadium

The crowd was stunned

He clapped again - same thing - crowd stunned into total silence

Then he did it again

Every few seconds Bono did one clap into the microphone

Every time the crowd was stunned

Then Bono leans forward into the microphone and says powerfully "EVERY TIME I CLAP MY HANDS A CHILD DIES IN AFRICA"

From the front of the crowd a voice chimes up loudly 'WELL STOP DOING IT THEN YA EVIL B**TARD"

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop