Dunks

If people want to hear from players, the club should facilitate it through the right channels, an official club site;  not through personal Twitter account and other similar platforms. People need to be easily traced by the club and banned from games or reported if the abuse is racial or threatening. 

In this case, I think abuse is a bit if a stretch IMO. Depends on how sensitive you are, he has been injured a lot. 

Guest LondonOwl313

That’s definitely not abuse.. try reporting that to the police and you’re more likely to be cautioned for wasting police time.

If a player can’t take a comment like that they shouldn’t use social media at all. 

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I am mystified as to why any one in the public eye particularly professional sportsmen want to go on social media. They really do put themselves up to be shot at sometimes and moan when they are. I wish they would do us all a favour and stay off. Do what they are supposed to ie play to the best of their ability then shut up.

Using social media shouldn't count as 'putting oneself up to be shot at' for anybody in this day and age though. It's been an established platform for over two decades now; it's an entirely legitimate form of mass communication and personal brand management. People whose jobs are performed very much in the public eye have some level of vested interest in managing their own personal branding and comms.

But even the rest of us have always done it offline, it's nothing new. We all have a 'phone manner' to some extent, don't we? (Particularly at work.) That's effectively the same thing - we want people to think of us a certain way because it helps our career and relationships. Difficult to argue it's your own fault if you get an earful of abuse down the blower, should've gone to see them in person etc etc.

Guest timrud

Any so called 'fan' who hops on social media to give the club and the people connected to it grief really need to take a look at themselves. Its not going to help to make things better.

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I am mystified as to why any one in the public eye particularly professional sportsmen want to go on social media. They really do put themselves up to be shot at sometimes and moan when they are. I wish they would do us all a favour and stay off. Do what they are supposed to ie play to the best of their ability then shut up.

She asked for it wearing that short skirt

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Because they have every right to, like anyone else. 

Yes, some of their comments after a loss etc ticks off fans, but they should not be subjected to abuse. Thing is, it's a different persons view of what " Abuse " is. Being an ex serviceman, today I could say I was abused endlessly..... No.. It was ******** taking and " Constructive criticism " With lots of Anglo saxon thrown in. 

But real abuse... Shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. 

I agree there's criticism and there's abuse which is unacceptable but I still think given today's polarised society that if you are high profile keep off it.

2 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I agree there's criticism and there's abuse which is unacceptable but I still think given today's polarised society that if you are high profile keep off it.

That's like the landlord saying to you if you don't want to get abuse then you should leave the pub rather than chuck the abusive drunks out

Owlstalk Shop