Dunks

2 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ive never ever abused a player either on here or at a match. Wouldn't dream of it but if I pay my bucks Ill criticise if I think its justified. Lets face it a lot of ours over the past few years have deserved criticism but not abuse.

I think booing players and shouting at them is part and parcel of the game (never makes them play better)

But directly abusing them off the pitch and away from matches is another matter altogether

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's like saying if you don't want to get abuse then you should leave the pub rather than chuck the abusive drunks out

Its looking after yourself Ive known players who can laugh it off shrug it off but Ive known others who arrest so hard if thats the right term.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I dont' know what that means mate - what did you mean

Im saying that Ive known of pro footballers some dont give a flying fig about abuse or criticism they will literally shrug their shoulders laugh nit off and get on with it. Others though arent so hard, tough, call it what you will , and it will affect their confidence. It is perhaps those who should stay off for their own good. Sad but social media reflects the polarised society we live in (the world in many ways has gone stark staring mad).

Everyone this day and age have the right to use social media regardless of profile.

If a player has a bad day then yes, give some criticism but some comments that some folk come up with are horrendous at times. The majority of the so called fans that make these comments wouldn't dream of saying the things they do in person.

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Everyone this day and age have the right to use social media regardless of profile.

If a player has a bad day then yes, give some criticism  

Yeah say "Dont' think Dunkley played very well today"

Not "@DUNKLEY YOU'RE F**KING SH** F**K OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB" directly to him like that

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Im saying that Ive known of pro footballers some dont give a flying fig about abuse or criticism they will literally shrug their shoulders laugh nit off and get on with it. Others though arent so hard, tough, call it what you will , and it will affect their confidence. It is perhaps those who should stay off for their own good. Sad but social media reflects the polarised society we live in (the world in many ways has gone stark staring mad).

For me the only thing that needs to change is people just need to stop being d*cks on social media 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest hirstysfags
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So sick of our fans attacking our own players now

Better to attack other club's players.

Guest hirstysfags
4 minutes ago, folger said:

Hardly the most unpleasant tweet. If anything it's a veiled compliment. It's sort of how I feel about him. Probably a player with more 90 mins under his belt.

No it's not a compliment at all. He's saying the quantity of opinions is disproportionate to his on pitch time.

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For me the only thing that needs to change is people just need to stop being d*cks on social media 

Yes but that aint going to happen is it if they are d-cks in real life they will be dicks on social media.  Sadly we cant eradicate d-cks from society.

For me it seems to depend on which platforms your referring to,you can use Facebook and Instagram with very little problems it always seems to happen on tw#££&r. Why not just use the others or even better, you can be an adult. I don't bother much with social media, but when I used to if I saw something I didn't like or agree with, you just scroll on by and ignore. 

I do the same on here, if I see a post where someone I'd just after starting an argument for the sake of it I just scroll past and don't get involved... 

Simple you want a quiet life stay off fool£&er. 

54 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I agree there's criticism and there's abuse which is unacceptable but I still think given today's polarised society that if you are high profile keep off it.

I appreciate your point there, I think it's a poisoned chalice in reality for the players. Far too easy a platform for true hate. 

26 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Yes but that aint going to happen is it if they are d-cks in real life they will be dicks on social media.  Sadly we cant eradicate d-cks from society.

Disagree - it could be done on social media platforms if the will is there

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree - it could be done on social media platforms if the will is there

It's an interesting debate, but who would police it if not the police?  The social media companies themselves?

I think that way lies a slippery slope towards censorship.

30 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It's an interesting debate, but who would police it if not the police?  The social media companies themselves?

I think that way lies a slippery slope towards censorship.

Now thats a very good question - the police get criticised for spending too much time investigating what is now called internet hate crime  and not enough time following up stuff like Burglaries etc so they cant win. Personally and as a white male this might be easy for me to say and some on here might think Im being blasé but I would rather be abused on social media than receive a smack in the nose in real time.