Gilles De Bilde “The Animal”

He needed one extra touch than he had time to do and never learned that issue so couldn't adapt to the English league. Not on his own in that regard but that fundamental flaw and a basic ability to adapt it into his game was the reason why he failed.

I left the ground about 10 minutes before the end one game and his missus was parked on Penistone Road in a BMW with Belgian plates, engine running 

As I recall he had been substituted early in the 2nd half and guess he wasnt planning on hanging about for the post match team talk

Probably sums up his time with us 

3 hours ago, Nut said:

My main memory of him is an away game at Stockport where it absolutely hammered it down all game and we got drenched on the open away end. There was a corner just in front of us and de bilde had his hands up his sleeves and his head tucked back into his shoulders as if trying to shelter from the rain rather than being bothered about the game. It really showed to me he wasn't that interested, although I think he may have scored that game. Alan Kelly was in goal and I think we lost 3 1. 

proper fainthearted ****pot.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I don't hate anyone really, it's a wasted emotion, but I've made an exception for De Bilde.

How he gets to analyse footy on Belgium tele after assaulting his wife and daughter beggars belief, every time I see him I just want to punch the tele.

How often do you watch Belgian telly?

Remember reading an article a few years ago about De Bilde from a Belgian magazine or something and to sum it up it basically said he was a complete to55er. Nobody seems to have a good word to say about him.

One of many who took the club for a ride.

Sounds like a nutter, like the likes of Maradona; Gazza, Cantona, Zidane, Suker, Djalminha and Di Canio, etc. Some nut jobs are still quality players. De Bilde struck me as a player like the likes of Jonk and many others, that didn't fit what we needed at the time. Sadly, DC and Paxo's recruitment years later as been a car crash too. 🙈

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Still vividly remember Des Lynam on MOTD saying "something De Bilde on"...

:duntmatter:

That was after the Wimbledon game wasn’t it? Or was it Bolton?

Sadly, we didn’t Bilde on it, did we?

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

21 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

That was after the Wimbledon game wasn’t it? Or was it Bolton?

Sadly, we didn’t Bilde on it, did we?

For some reason I'm thinking it was Liverpool, but I'm a bit foggy.