Gilles De Bilde “The Animal”

Well excited when him and Sibon signed! Never really worked, same can be said for alot of our signings around that time.

Can remember De Bilde going on loan to Villa when we got relegated, but can't remember him scoring for us in the Championship when his loan ended....apparently he did though according to wiki.

Those days though, it was fascinating signing foreign players wasn't it, exciting! The Premier League felt special back then,  not any more...glad we're not in it (cough)

• Like 3

I remember that summer we were linked with lots of strikers like Hartson and Huckerby, and then suddenly signed De Bilde and Sibon.  Turned out they weren’t as good as we needed them to be replacing the void of Di Canio 

My main memory of him is an away game at Stockport where it absolutely hammered it down all game and we got drenched on the open away end. There was a corner just in front of us and de bilde had his hands up his sleeves and his head tucked back into his shoulders as if trying to shelter from the rain rather than being bothered about the game. It really showed to me he wasn't that interested, although I think he may have scored that game. Alan Kelly was in goal and I think we lost 3 1.