Good week

2 hours ago, striker said:

It's been a good week for the club. 

1. Moore back, healthy and working hard preparing for next season

2. Appointed a COO

3. Nailed the retained list

Yes, we can debate the ins and outs of each point (and have done) but for a club run so incompetently, baby steps are required. 

I don't hold back in my criticism of Chansiri and find it hard to trust him, but to be fair and giving the benefit of doubt, pretty happy with the club this week. 

Moore getting healthy is obviously a real positive 

Appointing a COO at SWFC is needed but will be someone allowed zero responsibility or decision making power

Retained list was a ‘can’t afford any longer’ list - let’s not kid ourselves on that one 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, striker said:

2. Appointed a COO

Yes, we can debate the ins and outs of each point (and have done) but for a club run so incompetently, baby steps are required. 

I don't hold back in my criticism of Chansiri and find it hard to trust him, but to be fair and giving the benefit of doubt, pretty happy with the club this week. 

Best thing I've seen is Sky have us favourites for promotion.

As no one for footy news, maybe they know sumat.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Not sure - dread to think of his wedding though.

He'll want to carry all the rings, make all the speeches, throw the bouquet to the bridesmaids.... no one else will get a look in. 

He’ll be the best groom at the wedding by a mile but no one on here will appreciate him apart from a few who recognize what a good groom looks like

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Not sure - dread to think of his wedding though.

He'll want to carry all the rings, make all the speeches, throw the bouquet to the bridesmaids.... no one else will get a look in. 

And just to add the bouquet will probably  hit the first bridesmaid........

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

It’s steps in the right direction so far.  The next bit of news we’d like to see is Chansiri selling the club.. or more realistic announce a proper CEO to run the club.  Not going to happen but that would be another positive step Chansiri could make. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Best thing I've seen is Sky have us favourites for promotion.

As no one for footy news, maybe they know sumat.

How can they work that out. We have hardly any players under contract. Nobody has a clue what the team will look like. We could lose all our top players still signed to the club. Sky favourite BB could well be off, Windass too. It could well be that we have a first team full of U23 players who aren't ready or a complete mish mash of players if DC and his advisors run true to form.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

How can they work that out. We have hardly any players under contract. Nobody has a clue what the team will look like. We could lose all our top players still signed to the club. Sky favourite BB could well be off, Windass too. It could well be that we have a first team full of U23 players who aren't ready or a complete mish mash of players if DC and his advisors run true to form.

It’s not based on anything. Like any odds from anywhere. I don’t know why people think these companies are privy to information. They’re not, and just like us they’re guessing.

If you just got relegated from the championship, you’re obviously going to be tipped as one of the favs to go back up 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not based on anything. Like any odds from anywhere. I don’t know why people think these companies are privy to information. They’re not, and just like us they’re guessing.

If you just got relegated from the championship, you’re obviously going to be tipped as one of the favs to go back up 

It's illogical because most clubs don't go straight back up.

4 hours ago, striker said:

2. Appointed a COO

4) Didn’t get beat😉

Guest Hornsby
30 minutes ago, prowl said:

Am hoping Chansiri is off.

6 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

You could argue 2 out of the 3 things were very easy to achieve

The more pressing issues of refunding season ticket holders, paying players wages in full and up to date and producing timely financial information to release us from the embargo

DC has gone on record to say refunds will be paid by the end of May. Players have been told wages will be paid and the club said we will be out of the embargo for the opening of the transfer window

If all those promises are to be kept then the next couple of weeks are going to be just as busy

Unfortunately I no longer believe a word that’s said and I fully expect all of the above to continue to drag on over the summer

What will your view be if it does all happen?

8 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

What will your view be if it does all happen?

D.C. has struggled to pay wages for the last 2 months. Pay day is next week. So in total he has circa 3.5m to magically find to sort that issue out

Come the end of June he will also have to find not not the wages but I’m presuming that there will be contract ending bonuses to pay as well

Last years accounts were months late. This years are a month overdue next week

Fans have been waiting 9 months for refunds

Going on DCs attitude to all of this and going back to your question of what my view will be, then I’ll be ******g flabbergasted if it happens 

I hate using Leeds as an example but look at the quality of the new members of the board they brought in yesterday to strengthen the board. Football and investment people from all over Europe. D.C. thinks he can do it all on his own

• Like 2