Good week

I wonder if this thread gets as much traction as the ‘we demand answers’, ‘silence is deafening’ threads. 

Maybe as fans we just prefer to look for problems rather than cherish the small wins. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

All the other 91 clubs will be publishing retained lists about now, or when playoffs end.

And they've almost all got healthy managers, preparing for next season.

Your reason to be cheerful Part 2 might be valid if the guru is any good. We don't know that yet.  Should have been done years ago anyway.  

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I wonder if this thread gets as much traction as the ‘we demand answers’, ‘silence is deafening’ threads. 

Maybe as fans we just prefer to look for problems rather than cherish the small wins. 

Look for problems?:tango:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

You could argue 2 out of the 3 things were very easy to achieve

The more pressing issues of refunding season ticket holders, paying players wages in full and up to date and producing timely financial information to release us from the embargo

DC has gone on record to say refunds will be paid by the end of May. Players have been told wages will be paid and the club said we will be out of the embargo for the opening of the transfer window

If all those promises are to be kept then the next couple of weeks are going to be just as busy

Unfortunately I no longer believe a word that’s said and I fully expect all of the above to continue to drag on over the summer

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Twas ever thus.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Look for problems? they're slapping you in the clock like a wet salmon!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, marshy said:

Look for problems? they're slapping you in the clock like a wet salmon!!

And yet despite them being obvious I have to read about them every second/third post. Ah well. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

ha ha I know. Takes so much looking doesn’t it :Chansiri:

Just being lighthearted but DMs got better thanks to the NHS... the retained list was forced on Chansiri and he's promoted a pop salesman.

That's what a good week at Wednesday looks like in 2021.:tango:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Your right it has been.

The hard work starts now tho, get players under contract out. Get players capable of making a push this year and playing at a higher level in. Two very difficult tasks.

Then there is off the field at club level, get out of this daft embargo and do what needs to be done. Hopefully the bloke whos been promoted to COO will do this swiftly.

Then the even more key part fan engagement. Improve communication, get things out there early and take feedback seriously. We all know the clubs pricing structure on everything from tickets to merchandise to mascots is astronomical, the feedback for years has been this. Rectify it get it out there ASAP and crack on.

• Like 4

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
59 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Speaking of small wins, didn’t Bannan get engaged this week too?!

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

We don't have to look very hard though, do we?

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Speaking of small wins, didn’t Bannan get engaged this week too?!

Not sure - dread to think of his wedding though.

He'll want to carry all the rings, make all the speeches, throw the bouquet to the bridesmaids.... no one else will get a look in. 

• Haha 2