Permutations

Are Rotherham down if they lose on Tuesday? With us playing Derby that must mean a loss sends them down right then it’s us and Derby to stay up, Derby only need a point from that game and we need to win, if we win we stay up? Is that right? 

also are Wycombe already down or can they survive? Would they need a 13 goal swing? 

im trying to work it all out and any help from someone who has already worked it out would be appreciated 

thanks 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Are Rotherham down if they lose on Tuesday? With us playing Derby that must mean a loss sends them down right then it’s us and Derby to stay up, Derby only need a point from that game and we need to win, if we win we stay up? Is that right? 

also are Wycombe already down or can they survive? Would they need a 13 goal swing? 

im trying to work it all out and any help from someone who has already worked it out would be appreciated 

thanks 

We need to win at Derby to have any chance of staying up. Even if we do win at Derby, barring unusual goal difference swings, we still go down if Rotherham win one of their two remaining fixtures, as they have the best goal difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Thanks so much guys, I was giving myself a headache, really cool of you to clear that up for me 

I can’t see Rotherham winning either game tbh, but if they do beat Luton then it’s in their hands isn’t it? 

It’s basically over for us if they win at Luton. Would be between them and Derby

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Dexter Morgan said:

oh chuff 

I’ll have to watch that game too now then 

If they win at Luton by one goal, we need a 7 goal swing on the last day to stay up.

So 4-0 to Cardiff against and 3-0 to Wednesday at Derby or something like that.

Which is basically very unrealistic as our game will be tight. So yeah.. down if Rotherham beat Luton before we even get to the last day

46 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

thanks 

No they can't go down if they lose at Luton. But they would need to win at Cardiff and hope we beat Derby.

If that happened all 3 would be on 43 points but Rotherham have a far better GD (unless they get thumped by a lot by Luton).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No they can't go down if they lose at Luton. But they would need to win at Cardiff and hope we beat Derby.

If that happened all 3 would be on 43 points but Rotherham have a far better GD (unless they get thumped by a lot by Luton).

43 points could be enough to stay up. What a poor league this was this year, and we still managed to F it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Rotherham draw at Luton, they can stay up if Wednesday-Derby is a draw and Rotherham get a victory on the final day.  Imagine all 3 teams playing for a win but only 1 will be victorious, it'll be a great last day.

I wish this was happening at the top end of the table, but for me, this is what football is all about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see either team rolling over for Rotherham so they have their work cut out because they need at least 1 win.

The advantage Wednesday and Derby have, even though their opponents similarly won’t just roll over is that they’re playing shocking teams.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

oh chuff 

I’ll have to watch that game too now then 

Can’t see that it’s on tomorrow,  as it was a postponed game I don’t think it’s allowed to be on sky tv.  So will have to follow the updates.

Lets hope Luton continue their recent form and effort which has won them some decent points 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Down to 3 games. 

Will Rotherham lose/draw at Luton? Quite possible 

Will Rotherham lose/draw at Cardiff? Probably

Will Wednesday beat Derby?

Evens chance. 

It could easily happen. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

43 points could be enough to stay up. What a poor league this was this year, and we still managed to F it up. 

Well if we finish on 43, it will mean we actually got 49 points, which is about right to normally stay up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1