Here is how to commit football suicide

57 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

How is it Madness?

Your missing the whole point, Chansiri is THE Biggest problem, but that doesn't mean others aren't Blameless.

Let me try a different perspective, who was to blame for the Hillsborough Disaster? 

Monk?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, happy bunny said:

We simply have to unite, having a difference of opinion shouldn't ever be so divisive that insults are acceptable

Because people who have long opposed Chansiri’s actions have always been respected and rebutted with calm, friendly language. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People are posting in threads that nobody is saying this - yet so many are

Baffling

By the time I got to this thread it was 26 pages long and couldn't be bothered to read every post so I'm not 100% on your response, as posted based on the thread... However what I was trying to say is that the players are ultimately to blame, as they are absolutely clueless to the real world... For example we went from fighting for automatic promotion under GM to almost relegation last year due to infighting with the manager... Then the players out of contract refused to sign on for a few more months (due to covid) to see out the season after being injured for long periods previous years... Yet all these players have been paid huge amounts and due to our circumstances then cashed in on free transfers elsewhere after letting the fans down... So them not being paid huge amounts by DC and being used as an excuse for letting down the fans due to their issues isn't going to wash IMO.  

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

By the time I got to this thread it was 26 pages long and couldn't be bothered to read every post so I'm not 100% on your response, as posted based on the thread... However what I was trying to say is that the players are ultimately to blame, as they are absolutely clueless to the real world... For example we went from fighting for automatic promotion under GM to almost relegation last year due to infighting with the manager... Then the players out of contract refused to sign on for a few more months (due to covid) to see out the season after being injured for long periods previous years... Yet all these players have been paid huge amounts and due to our circumstances then cashed in on free transfers elsewhere after letting the fans down... So them not being paid huge amounts by DC and being used as an excuse for letting down the fans due to their issues isn't going to wash IMO.  

It dosnt wash pal...these players are a disgrace to the shirt..and they wudnt be takin the pish if fans wer in

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Do it on a % of wages owed then

Point is that nobody is being left destitute by this. None of the players fear never being paid what they are owed. I was told some staff were paid earlier than usual to make up for the delay. Also if there was any extenuating circumstances then it would be sorted by the club to stop any ridiculous interest charges or late payment fees. The person I know said nobody is particularly concerned about it and they were warned that it would happen a week before pay day. Obviously the juniors did not get affected by this as none are on that money anyway. He wasn't sure but he suspected that any players affected was paid extra for the inconvenience. He could not be 100% sure but it was a rumour. Anyone paid extra is hardly going to flaunt that around to make sure that no fuss is made so they get extra if it happens again. 

I been paid late and wrong many times and I never got extra or even any money at all from a few companies even at Xmas. Uk express couriers. Just to make sure nobody else ever thinks about working for them. They still owe me about 4k. This happens in the real world. I still had to do my job and nobody felt sorry for me. 

I. Play football for fun. No pay. I would pay for the honor of playing for Wednesday. 

Its not ideal for the club. But I not accepting that performance has suffered due to this. 

This should never be in the press. Players are leaking this for a excuse for the poor performances. Let's face it if we were top of the league players would not be telling the newspapers about their pay. We should not give this any notice at all. The chairman is performing better than our players. That shows the standard that we have had to watch this season. 

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Yep..so no dramas then..everybody has had every penny owed to them...this wages stuff is such a none story 🙄

Yes correct. It just adds momentum to the DC out brigade. Also makes some people believe that this is the reason for the poor performances. Which is also nonsense. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Point is that nobody is being left destitute by this. None of the players fear never being paid what they are owed. I was told some staff were paid earlier than usual to make up for the delay. Also if there was any extenuating circumstances then it would be sorted by the club to stop any ridiculous interest charges or late payment fees. The person I know said nobody is particularly concerned about it and they were warned that it would happen a week before pay day. Obviously the juniors did not get affected by this as none are on that money anyway. He wasn't sure but he suspected that any players affected was paid extra for the inconvenience. He could not be 100% sure but it was a rumour. Anyone paid extra is hardly going to flaunt that around to make sure that no fuss is made so they get extra if it happens again. 

I been paid late and wrong many times and I never got extra or even any money at all from a few companies even at Xmas. Uk express couriers. Just to make sure nobody else ever thinks about working for them. They still owe me about 4k. This happens in the real world. I still had to do my job and nobody felt sorry for me. 

I. Play football for fun. No pay. I would pay for the honor of playing for Wednesday. 

Its not ideal for the club. But I not accepting that performance has suffered due to this. 

This should never be in the press. Players are leaking this for a excuse for the poor performances. Let's face it if we were top of the league players would not be telling the newspapers about their pay. We should not give this any notice at all. The chairman is performing better than our players. That shows the standard that we have had to watch this season. 

Wait, did you actually read that back and think what you've just typed is a logical view point? 

1 minute ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Wait, did you actually read that back and think what you've just typed is a logical view point? 

OK oh poor footballer who lives in a million pound house. He going to have to wait 10 days for the extra 50 k in his wages. No wonder he doesn't want to play his best for 90 minutes twice a week. 

Yes you are right. 

7 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

When I got rip off it was Xmas and worked 80 hour weeks put fuel in out of my own money and got back nothing. Do you think any one at Wednesday gave a throw for me. 

No. No phuker did. 

If you want a totally honest opinion if i was DC I would have docked their wages for most of the games this season. I bet they would put the effort in then. 

Football players are pampered and well paid. 

If you don't believe me that anyone plays football for fun. Or I would pay for the privilege of wearing a swfc shirt then you are illogical. 

I sure that a good manager could find throughout amateur football a group of players who would do no worse than the current swfc players who earning fantastic amount of money. 

Moderate skill can be overcome by hard work and tenacity. The skills our players possess is not much use without effort and graft. A few do put the work in on match day. But they do it for themselves not for the team. 

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The problem is that these players are now so far detached from the supporters due to their high wages and own self worth that I have absolutely no faith in the game against Derby, which at best (based on past experience) will be a draw...

Just to bring it down to basics, we have players since the Wembley play-off final on £1.5m to £2.5m each year. Even.with when they were  playing well, are you happy with this? And is this Chansiri‘s fault and will you be protesting on our pitch?

5 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

The problem is that these players are now so far detached from the supporters due to their high wages and own self worth that I have absolutely no faith in the game against Derby, which at best (based on past experience) will be a draw...

But hang on a minute

Derby are a team of players on high wages and own self worth too

So how does your theory stack up?

It doesnt

lol

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree

Time for everyone to chill a bit

We're all Wednesday fans - stop attacking each other

This is the way is goes; we're back to for and against the chairman. Like the good ol Allen days.

We need Chansiri to start suing the fanbase, fans complaining about Bentleys (we are nearly there in this thread - bloody rich footballers), and we are heading towards oblivion again

• Like 1