Here is how to commit football suicide

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

The club (DC) know he's an asset and clubs will be interested, so instead of him walking, they give him a contract with an agreement to let him go, if a club comes along that he's interested in and we get a bit of £. 

He's happy to sign, as he knows he can walk at any time. 

And thinking how Chansiri operates, I bet he has his favourites, one of which will be Bannan. So he probably pays him every month and not others. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Has your source confirmed whether they've been paid in full for March/April?

I know someone who works for the club and they were told mid April not to expect their next months pay on time

Some of the comments in this thread are quite beyond belief. 

After the initial surge following huge investment in the squad (which itself sowed the seeds of our collapse by being so reckless and ill-conceived), the Chansiri era has seen one catastrophe after another, resulting in a headlong plummet downwards. And it's not just the results on the pitch that are suffering like that. Just about any department of the club that you care to mention is stagnating at best or disintegrating before your eyes at worst.

The reputation of the club amongst those within the game must be suffering at this seemingly endless catalogue of bemusing and negative stories. You think this state of affairs doesn't affect the calibre of individuals interested when we have positions available at administrative level or even for the coaching staff? And with us only having something like 11-12 professionals under contract for next season at the moment (most of those not very good), it's a bad time to be an unattractive proposition for signing new players. 

Making all of this worse, it appears that the chairman and those around him are simply not capable of accepting their roles in this disaster that could quite easily get worse still. This means that some of the steps necessary to start the long road back may be actively prevented by those responsible for putting them into motion. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Some of the comments in this thread are quite beyond belief. 

After the initial surge following huge investment in the squad (which itself sowed the seeds of our collapse by being so reckless and ill-conceived), the Chansiri era has seen one catastrophe after another, resulting in a headlong plummet downwards. And it's not just the results on the pitch that are suffering like that. Just about any department of the club that you care to mention is stagnating at best or disintegrating before your eyes at worst.

The reputation of the club amongst those within the game must be suffering at this seemingly endless catalogue of bemusing and negative stories. You think this state of affairs doesn't affect the calibre of individuals interested when we have positions available at administrative level or even for the coaching staff? And with us only having something like 11-12 professionals under contract for next season at the moment (most of those not very good), it's a bad time to be an unattractive proposition for signing new players. 

Making all of this worse, it appears that the chairman and those around him are simply not capable of accepting their roles in this disaster that could quite easily get worse still. This means that some of the steps necessary to start the long road back may be actively prevented by those responsible for putting them into motion. 

Even worse than all that - some of our fans are sitting there trying to justify it all to other fans and make excuses for him

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even worse than all that - some of our fans are sitting there trying to justify it all to other fans and make excuses for him

Some fans backed Dave Allen to the hilt; same characters? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Some fans backed Dave Allen to the hilt; same characters? 

Same rhetoric

"He's putting his own money in"
"Careful what you wish for"
"Who would take over if he went?"

etc etc etc

Sickening grovelling cap doffing nonsense every single time 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Has your source confirmed whether they've been paid in full for March/April?

As I understand it everybody has been paid in full for March, April is similar to other months in that the higher earners have so far only received a percentage with the remainder to follow shortly. 

Guest Therealrealist
17 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

As I understand it everybody has been paid in full for March, April is similar to other months in that the higher earners have so far only received a percentage with the remainder to follow shortly. 

So absolutely no dramas then..wish fans would stop excusing the guff they serve up every saturday

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from getting relegated 

The wages issue didn’t cause Dawson to have the worse 45 mins from a keeper I’ve ever seen at the chuckledome..the wages issue didn’t cause Izzy brown to take the worse corner I’ve ever seen..nor did it cause countless coaches to make bad decisions...our players getting their thousands a few week later than expected is not the reason for our impending relegation..it’s a massive RED HERRING

I just don’t understand his thinking here. Every time this comes out, we hear he has ended up settling the balance. Why then, keep repeating the same issue, getting the same dogs abuse from fans, players, media....

It’s just absolutely nuts. For the sake of doing something you are going to do anyway, a few days earlier....

40 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

If I couldn't pay my drivers on time every month that would mean my business is in severe trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I just don’t understand his thinking here. Every time this comes out, we hear he has ended up settling the balance. Why then, keep repeating the same issue, getting the same dogs abuse from fans, players, media....

It’s just absolutely nuts. For the sake of doing something you are going to do anyway, a few days earlier....

Wages being paid late once can be excused and put down to a delay in funds being transferred, but for the same thing to happen nearly every month tells you there is a serious financial problem at the club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Wages being paid late once can be excused and put down to a delay in funds being transferred, but for the same thing to happen nearly every month tells you there is a serious financial problem at the club. 

So does telling some staff that because of a restructuring they won’t be getting paid this month, but don’t worry we’ll pay you double next.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Let’s ban this rubbish now. Because posters like this obviously have no clue of the context and long term effects this has on our football club 

Ah ! Cancel the alternative view! 
Excellent!  Why debate anything when everybody can just agree with you eh?

I think you should set up special camps for all those who disagree..

oh hang on... look what happened last time...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Same rhetoric

"He's putting his own money in"
"Careful what you wish for"
"Who would take over if he went?"

etc etc etc

Sickening grovelling cap doffing nonsense every single time 

Maybe they just disagree with you Neil? 

1 minute ago, Big Malc said:

So does telling some staff that because of a restructuring they won’t be getting paid this month, but don’t worry we’ll pay you double next.

That says to me, Chansiri is potless and is trying to buy time to borrow money to pay the wages 

It's disgusting mate. I'm in no doubt we are totally screwed and things are about to get a whole lot worse. 

• Like 3

How anyone can still back Chansiri just beggars belief. 

he is the sole reason we are in the situation we find ourselves. 

that’s the middle and both ends of it. 

• Like 5