Here is how to commit football suicide

17 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The wages issue didn’t cause Dawson to have the worse 45 mins from a keeper I’ve ever seen at the chuckledome..the wages issue didn’t cause Izzy brown to take the worse corner I’ve ever seen..nor did it cause countless coaches to make bad decisions...our players getting their thousands a few week later than expected is not the reason for our impending relegation..it’s a massive RED HERRING

Not paying players on time is a catalyst for poor performances. End of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Every place that I worked at when in the UK, the monthly salary was usually paid at the end of the first week of the following month. So in my case the March salary would have been due in the bank some time around the 7th to the 9th of April. Not sure exactly how it works at Wednesday but is probably the most likely explanation, so the player's morale would not have been affected for the Cardiff game. Interestingly enough, we rather went to pieces after that.

Don’t know where you worked but as an ex HR professional I can tell you that is not the norm.  Paydays will vary organisation to organisation but generally the monthly salary is paid in the month it is earned and generally around week 3

Guest Grandad
39 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So absolutely no dramas then..wish fans would stop excusing the guff they serve up every saturday

So the journalists are lying?

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

So the journalists are lying?

Nope ..they are saying the wages are late...they are lying if they are saying the players aren’t getting paid..as far as I know

Guest timrud
23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

can we all just stop blaming our manager, our coaches and our players

This isn't a clear cut position we sadly find ourselves in. Chairman, manager(s), coaches and players all have a factor to play.

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Nope ..they are saying the wages are late...they are lying if they are saying the players aren’t getting paid..as far as I know

does the reoccurrence of this wages delay not ring any alarm bells with you ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Big Malc said:

And the staff?

1 minute ago, Big Malc said:

And the staff?

I’ve no idea..but if I wasn’t getting paid I would leave 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Same rhetoric

"He's putting his own money in"
"Careful what you wish for"
"Who would take over if he went?"

etc etc etc

Sickening grovelling cap doffing nonsense every single time 

People really do come out with some crap to defend him. He and he alone is killing this club and while he is here nothing will change. 

• Like 5

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, ANDY said:

does the reoccurrence of this wages delay not ring any alarm bells with you ? 

Yeah we are screwed...DC has probably run out of funds..but it shudnt ever be used as an excuse to justify the half arsedness of our players..the reason we will probably go down is we lost twice to a shocking rovrum outfit

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Yeah we are screwed...DC has probably run out of funds..but it shudnt ever be used as an excuse to justify the half arsedness of our players..the reason we will probably go down is we lost twice to a shocking rovrum outfit

How many teams who have an off the field crisis perform well on the pitch?

Wigan very much an anomaly last year. 

• Like 1

Paying employees wages in full on time is not a nicety, it’s the law, and it is the law however much you earn or however much you may or may not need the money. Not paying wages is illegal, is a breach of contract and if done repeatedly constructive dismissal.

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

Paying employees wages in full on time is not a nicety, it’s the law, and it is the law however much you earn or however much you may or may not need the money. Not paying wages is illegal, is a breach of contract and if done repeatedly constructive dismissal.

How are people not grasping this?

The people who defend Chansiri don’t support Sheffield Wednesday anymore. Been brainwashed - they support Chansiri FC. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve no idea..but if I wasn’t getting paid I would leave 

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you were in the players situation you would absent yourself entirely but you are not prepared to accept that others in the actual situation should even consider it as an excuse for poor performance (not that any of them have used it as excuse). There’s a balanced argument...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How are people not grasping this?

The people who defend Chansiri don’t support Sheffield Wednesday anymore. Been brainwashed - they support Chansiri FC. 

Are you saying people are not allowed an opinion that is different to yours

Very dangerous ground