Here is how to commit football suicide

12 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

We simply have to unite, having a difference of opinion shouldn't ever be so divisive that insults are acceptable

I agree

Time for everyone to chill a bit

We're all Wednesday fans - stop attacking each other

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Someone on here yesterday suggested that the performance was that bad that a few looked like they were doing it on purpose

Not beyond the realms of possibility that a few don’t mind chucking their boss under the bus because they haven’t had their wages 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Half arsedness?

If I'd not been paid in time for God knows how many times this year - I'd not even show up til I was paid.

The players did fantastically just to even show. Fair play to them

Pwopa legends arnt they🤩

Even if we do stay up it’s been a pathetic season on and off the pitch, next season imo would be even worse, we have a massive rebuild and the chances are we will be under an embargo, even if we aren’t what players would choose to sign for us over other clubs when they don’t know if they will get paid. Chansiri has really fooked us over good and proper. 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

It was not 2 months. Players were paid 8k any amount left un paid was paid with in 2 weeks. 

Yep..so no dramas then..everybody has had every penny owed to them...this wages stuff is such a none story 🙄

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I highly doubt there would be another fanbase in this situation who would rather blame the players than the man running the show.

Any other club of our size there would be unified protests against the ownership.

At Sheffield Wednesday however...

I don't think there are many (if any) who would rather blame the players than Chansiri, but many (me included) find the absolving of ANY Blame for the players strange after some of their inept performances this season. 

Granted we all know who is The Biggest problem by far and until he's gone nothing is going to change, but it seems that if anybody says the Players/manager(s)/coaching staff have also to be held in some way responsible, then they're somehow supporting the Owner. How??

Its Blatantly not the case, it doesn't have to be 1 or the other, there's so much wrong at OUR club it beggars belief and yes it all stems from one person, but that doesn't mean others should be exempt from critisicism too.

If they've not performed or worse still, don't appear to have shown desire or commitment to the cause then they too should be held responsible.

They're not as Culpable as the Owner and his Cronies, but undoubtedly they should still shoulder some of the Blame.

It seems some on here, think partially blaming anyone else other than the Owner, means you somehow don't support Swfc???

It doesn't, it means you support SWFC and want rid of not only the owner but also some of the players whose performances have aided the Owner in putting us in the situation we currently find ourselves in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I don't think there are many (if any) who would rather blame the players than Chansiri 

At a time when threads are full of comments from some of our fans blaming the players rather than Chansiri that statement is just bang madness

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

At a time when threads are full of comments from some of our fans blaming the players rather than Chansiri that statement is just bang madness

How is it Madness?

Your missing the whole point, Chansiri is THE Biggest problem, but that doesn't mean others aren't Blameless.

Let me try a different perspective, who was to blame for the Hillsborough Disaster? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I don't think there are many (if any) who would rather blame the players than Chansiri, but many (me included) find the absolving of ANY Blame for the players strange after some of their inept performances this season. 

Granted we all know who is The Biggest problem by far and until he's gone nothing is going to change, but it seems that if anybody says the Players/manager(s)/coaching staff have also to be held in some way responsible, then they're somehow supporting the Owner. How??

Its Blatantly not the case, it doesn't have to be 1 or the other, there's so much wrong at OUR club it beggars belief and yes it all stems from one person, but that doesn't mean others should be exempt from critisicism too.

If they've not performed or worse still, don't appear to have shown desire or commitment to the cause then they too should be held responsible.

They're not as Culpable as the Owner and his Cronies, but undoubtedly they should still shoulder some of the Blame.

It seems some on here, think partially blaming anyone else other than the Owner, means you somehow don't support Swfc???

It doesn't, it means you support SWFC and want rid of not only the owner but also some of the players whose performances have aided the Owner in putting us in the situation we currently find ourselves in.

Ironically if it wasn’t for the chairman the players would be 6 points better off and most likely safe by now.

If you go through our team - it’s made up of past it players and cheap free agents. It’s very unbalanced, without a recognised left back and a centre forward who can hold the ball up and link midfield and attack. There is very little physical presence in midfield, we lose a lot of battles in the middle of the park. It’s a crap squad. League One squad with one quality player in Bannan. 

Yet without the chairman’s deduction it probably just scrapes survival.

What makes it worse is they’re not being paid on time. A rubbish squad which has a cloud of negativity over it because half the squad are out of contract and they’re not getting paid properly. 

Could individuals have done more in certain games? Yep. But they don’t go out to lose on purpose. They just aren’t very good and they’re trying to pick up results in a toxic environment where they aren’t getting paid and the vast majority of players are working up their notice.

This all stems back to the chairman and the way he runs the club. 

It’s the sole reason why we’re getting relegated. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whats madness is suggesting that the players have no blame in this shambles of a season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ironically if it wasn’t for the chairman the players would be 6 points better off and most likely safe by now.

If you go through our team - it’s made up of past it players and cheap free agents. It’s very unbalanced, without a recognised left back and a centre forward who can hold the ball up and link midfield and attack. There is very little physical presence in midfield, we lose a lot of battles in the middle of the park. It’s a crap squad. League One squad with one quality player in Bannan. 

Yet without the chairman’s deduction it probably just scrapes survival.

What makes it worse is they’re not being paid on time. A rubbish squad which has a cloud of negativity over it because half the squad are out of contract and they’re not getting paid properly. 

Could individuals have done more in certain games? Yep. But they don’t go out to lose on purpose. They just aren’t very good and they’re trying to pick up results in a toxic environment where they aren’t getting paid and the vast majority of players are working up their notice.

This all stems back to the chairman and the way he runs the club. 

It’s the sole reason why we’re getting relegated. 

I agree with everything you say except the last line, He's The Main reason and needs to go, but the last line Absolves, The players Monk, Pulis everyone else of all blame.

Some of the management decisions, team selection and set up were absurd and some  (most) of the players have been at best inept and often spineless. 

Solely blaming Chansiri let's them off the hook, something they don't deserve. 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2021 at 16:23, @owlstalk said:

B0BF593A-E471-4192-A7C6-99FE33BEFED8.jpeg

Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri under renewed scrutiny after claims that he failed to pay players before match against Nottingham Forest

There you go.

NOW can we all just stop blaming our manager, our coaches and our players for results not going our way??

Please?

Can we stay focused laser sharp on who has caused this mess, the whole reason we are in this situation and the person who has created all this absolute horror show at Sheffield Wednesday??

I'm with DC on not paying the players as they've been an absolute disgrace and let him/ the club/ the supporters down repeatedly... You also need to take into consideration the headline, as most of these wasters are on almost 2-4 times/ week than most fans will earn in a year, so them not being paid (deservedly so) is in no way comparable to the impact of similar circumstance to most SWFC supporters in the current climate...    

• Like 1