Here is how to commit football suicide

Guest Hornsby
41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At this moment in time if it was revealed that Chansiri was funded by the Prince who owns our porky neighbours and had been sent in to quietly destroy us from within in a gradual process over 5 to 10 years that would go accepted by our fans and bring the club to an end it honestly would not surprise me in the least.

Well, no one can work it out.

Maybe just a very rich guy buying his kid Lego  and leaving him too it after a bit.

But doubt it. It ll come out in wash though, just like Bin Laden did at Blades and Wigans Admin.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Part of me can't wait for his end-of-season rant, just to see what depths of delusion he can plumb this time.

Yep and his ever more hilarious answer to the same question “why would I sell?”

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep and his ever more hilarious answer to the same question “why would I sell?”

For years I wanted a wealthy owner, when we got one, he turned out to be a crackpot ******** imbecile. 

The day he leaves, will feel like we've won a trophy. 

Edited by striker
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

The same man who has consistently bragged that he has loads of money but the rules don't let him spend it?

Something stinks!

Oh i agree mate,believe me,ime the last one to offer support to the Chairman,i was one of a few that didnt think selling the Club to his self was a great thing to do...I even think there was a thread on here along the lines of 'well done Depon Chansiri'..for doing it,but the point i made is about Covid,no gate reciepts leading to a cash flow problem,i think has to be taken into consideration.

Players are getting at least 7 grand a Month,with for those owed more,the rest to follow.It would be a niggle,but  as an example the Blades players agreed to defer some of their wages throughout this covid...

The players can suck it up for a few weeks,until there money comes through.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has relegated us this season. His failures as chairman of our club has sent us down.

Consistently not paying players on time.

Points deduction.

Managerial circus. 

Failure to back us in January with a striker and a left back. 

It’s a miracle we can actually still stay up considering the poo show he’s caused. He’s done everything in his power to create instability and uncertainty in a season which started with -12. This is all on him. 

And personally would like to apologise for the over top response I gave towards the players yesterday. If you’re not being paid, performances like that make sense.

Relegation is on you Chansiri. Now get out of our club.  

Suppose he'll take credit if we stay up what a ****** he is

• Like 1

I know there's no right time to not pay anyone in any profession.

But to not pay our players on the eve of what could be the most important game in the clubs history in years

is literally the most stupidest thing any owner could do.

Our future looks as bleak as it did just before Manderic saved us.

• Like 3

To not get paid on time once or twice= you get on with your job, feel annoyed but you have pride in your work so you do your best. 

To not get paid on time on a consistent basis= a stuff you attitude, why should I bother and it becomes a employee vs employer situation which is what I can see now. 

I totally understand how it can affect the players mentality as its an ongoing problem. 

Chansiri should have got this sorted. 

As a business owner you plan ahead as best as you can for future events (not that covid could be planned for)  but you have moneys available as back up. 

Chansiri has clearly not done this. And its gone pair shaped pretty quickly.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

B0BF593A-E471-4192-A7C6-99FE33BEFED8.jpeg

Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri under renewed scrutiny after claims that he failed to pay players before match against Nottingham Forest

There you go.

NOW can we all just stop blaming our manager, our coaches and our players for results not going our way??

Please?

Can we stay focused laser sharp on who has caused this mess, the whole reason we are in this situation and the person who has created all this absolute horror show at Sheffield Wednesday??

Bannan?

3 minutes ago, kilnhurstowl said:

To not get paid on time once or twice= you get on with your job, feel annoyed but you have pride in your work so you do your best. 

To not get paid on time on a consistent basis= a stuff you attitude, why should I bother and it becomes a employee vs employer situation which is what I can see now. 

I totally understand how it can affect the players mentality as its an ongoing problem. 

Chansiri should have got this sorted. 

As a business owner you plan ahead as best as you can for future events (not that covid could be planned for)  but you have moneys available as back up. 

Chansiri has clearly not done this. And its gone pair shaped pretty quickly.  

Agree. Quite apart from the effect on the players, if DC really does have cash flow problems and / or has run out of the cash reserves available to him, then the club as a whole is in danger. He may decide to hang on until gate receipts return next season but if so , the club will still be struggling to survive.

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Every place that I worked at when in the UK, the monthly salary was usually paid at the end of the first week of the following month. So in my case the March salary would have been due in the bank some time around the 7th to the 9th of April. Not sure exactly how it works at Wednesday but is probably the most likely explanation, so the player's morale would not have been affected for the Cardiff game. Interestingly enough, we rather went to pieces after that.

Salaries at SWFC are due last working day of the month. My source is cast iron. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Agree. Quite apart from the effect on the players, if DC really does have cash flow problems and / or has run out of the cash reserves available to him, then the club as a whole is in danger. He may decide to hang on until gate receipts return next season but if so , the club will still be struggling to survive.

There won't be any gate receipts next season though. All regular ST holders will have this year's ST carried over to next season, so he has already had the Income and our POTD income is basically zero. 

Now unless he manages to con people into buying new season tickets there will be no income from tickets next season. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Has your source confirmed whether they've been paid in full for March/April?

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

I know there's no right time to not pay anyone in any profession.

But to not pay our players on the eve of what could be the most important game in the clubs history in years

is literally the most stupidest thing any owner could do.

Spot on. Unbefeckinglievable

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Has your source confirmed whether they've been paid in full for March/April?

Not spoken to them since the news broke, but sure they said everybody was paid in full a couple of weeks ago but will check when I speak to them. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Thank you mate

Just waiting now for someone to come along and say to you 'when is the last working day if they never put a shift in?'

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

If we get relegated, I wouldn't bank on May and June's payment if I were them.

It really worries me how DC will react to relegation for the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

At this moment in time if it was revealed that Chansiri was funded by the Prince who owns our porky neighbours and had been sent in to quietly destroy us from within in a gradual process over 5 to 10 years that would go accepted by our fans and bring the club to an end it honestly would not surprise me in the least.

I thought this, but imagined it was a partnership of McCabe and Warnock - sent off someone to far East Asia to be a front man for a dastardly plan.

18 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Let’s ban this rubbish now. Because posters like this obviously have no clue of the context and long term effects this has on our football club 

So to be clear, you want anyone who does not agree with you and your opinion to be banned.  Not generally the idea of a discussion forum, but hey might catch on. 

15 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

The club (DC) know he's an asset and clubs will be interested, so instead of him walking, they give him a contract with an agreement to let him go, if a club comes along that he's interested in and we get a bit of £. 

He's happy to sign, as he knows he can walk at any time.