Reach, Paterson, Harris, Borner

6 minutes ago, Prince said:

Pundits is a good one, Who else can they actually go on about in our team it’s always Bannan or Rhodes and what they have done previously, they are paid to fill time not talk sense.

Bannan is far too negative for me and one of the reasons we don’t attack enough. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he does nothing apart from pass it sideways and backwards and gets lauded on here for being some sort of Zidane type. He’s average and should be moved on in favour of someone with more about their game going forward. 

No-ones said he is Zidane....allied to your comment about "fan boys"..You seem to load every criticism with some sort of caveat that everyone who thinks otherwise is somehow either a sycophant or is somehow deluded.

Bannan is the best player we have...does that make him Zidane?...I'm the best chess player in our house out of the wife and 3 cats...doesn't make me Magnus Carlsen.

Bannan is stuck between 2 centre halves who can't pass....forwards who can't make a run, next to a midfield that can hardly do either.

Some Wednesday fans won't be happy til he's moved on, which no doubt he will be....fair enough...lets hope we get better in...God help us if we get worse...but no worries...DC and his "team" will no doubt absolutely scour Lithuania for a replacement

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No-ones said he is Zidane....allied to your comment about "fan boys"..You seem to load every criticism with some sort of caveat that everyone who thinks otherwise is somehow either a sycophant or is somehow deluded.

Bannan is the best player we have...does that make him Zidane?...I'm the best chess player in our house out of the wife and 3 cats...doesn't make me Magnus Carlsen.

Bannan is stuck between 2 centre halves who can't pass....forwards who can't make a run, next to a midfield that can hardly do either.

Some Wednesday fans won't be happy til he's moved on, which no doubt he will be....fair enough...lets hope we get better in...God help us if we get worse...but no worries...DC and his "team" will no doubt absolutely scour Lithuania for a replacement

People go over the top with praise for a very average midfielder in my opinion, he offers little going forward and has done since his first season. Are centre half’s meant to be able to pick a pass, I thought that was Bannan’s role? He doesn’t take responsibility and is very quick to have a pop at those who do.

I agree we don’t have decent forwards but would you run in to space if you knew the ball was going backwards anyway?

If our new Lithuanian midfielder can play on the front foot then I will welcome him and attacking forward thinking with open arms.

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

People go over the top with praise for a very average midfielder in my opinion, he offers little going forward and has done since his first season. Are centre half’s meant to be able to pick a pass, I thought that was Bannan’s role? He doesn’t take responsibility and is very quick to have a pop at those who do.

I agree we don’t have decent forwards but would you run in to space if you knew the ball was going backwards anyway?

If our new Lithuanian midfielder can play on the front foot then I will welcome him and attacking forward thinking with open arms.

Great...and borner etal can keep passing it into the North....sounds like a plan mate...

Paterson has had effective games this season as the main forward and in midfield, so why the fuck pick him at RB when Palmer is a known quantity there and has been for years? We have Urgohide and Dunkley available at CB, instead of changing a single player like for like you change 2 to play them out of position and weaken our attack, totally fucking moronic.

• Like 2

I still keep stopping what I'm doing, muttering to missen wtf was going on, shaking my head and still being totally flummoxed ...the single most bizarre selection formation and set-up I have ever seen ...and that's since 1963! 

20 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

3/10s today, the lot of them, and it's been the same for this quartet several times this season - shocking errors and wasteful in possession on an incredibly regular basis for players at this level 

Harris and Reach in particular were monumentally bad today.

If any of these make the starting line up next week they owe the rest of the team a performance, big time, because their performances today extinguished any opportunity we had to win the game.

Patterson is without doubt the worst footballer I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt.

El Pato had a shocker on Saturday but why did we play him at right wing back when Palmer has been playing well in that position recently. Moreover, his best performances this season have come in midfield when we’ve gone with a 3-5-2 formation and 2 strikers up front. 

The management team made a huge mistake with the formation at the weekend. Let’s hope they realise this and revert to the correct formation and go with our strongest team to give us our best possible chance. 

23 hours ago, Prince said:

Pundits is a good one, Who else can they actually go on about in our team it’s always Bannan or Rhodes and what they have done previously, they are paid to fill time not talk sense.

Bannan is far too negative for me and one of the reasons we don’t attack enough. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he does nothing apart from pass it sideways and backwards and gets lauded on here for being some sort of Zidane type. He’s average and should be moved on in favour of someone with more about their game going forward. 

How on earth can you say Bannan is negative?

Yes, like any player, occasionally he will turn back to his own goal in order to maintain possession when there's nothing on. With the lack of attacking capabilities and footballing intelligence in our current squad this will obviously become more regular, but who else have we got that actually gets us up the pitch?

Reality is he is a class above the rest of.our line up and is capable of playing at a completely different tempo, as he did when linking up with the likes of Hooper, FF, Wallace, Fletcher, Lee etc.

Now we have Reach and Windass who can occasionally Reach those levels, but apart from that noone else is on the same wavelength.

56 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

How on earth can you say Bannan is negative?

I have watched him enough over the time he’s been with us and formed my opinion based on that fact. Apart from his first season he is very negative. This is probably one of the reasons the woeful Scotland squad have discarded him too. 

1 hour ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

He’s not even the worst in the present team 

This ^  how anyone can say Paterson is the worst player when we have Harris in the team is bizarre.  Let alone the fact we’ve had many worse players than him in the last 20 years 

On 01/05/2021 at 18:11, H2Owl said:

Deciding to play Paterson RB today was a different kind of special team selection. 

We should have switched Paterson and Harris after the first 10 mins. Watching him and Reach both down the left was mind blowing bad.

Playing Paterson at RWB showed just how overweight and slow he is.

I can't believe he didn't cost us a goal.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

El Pato had a shocker on Saturday but why did we play him at right wing back when Palmer has been playing well in that position recently. Moreover, his best performances this season have come in midfield when we’ve gone with a 3-5-2 formation and 2 strikers up front. 

The management team made a huge mistake with the formation at the weekend. Let’s hope they realise this and revert to the correct formation and go with our strongest team to give us our best possible chance. 

The worrying thing was that the coaching staff didn't even change things around early in the game when it was obvious they'd got it wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The worrying thing was that the coaching staff didn't even change things around early in the game when it was obvious they'd got it wrong.  

Yes, I completely agree. It is worrying. If us fans see it, why didn’t the management team? 

Im under no illusions, it is poor squad and lacking in quality. But we need to go with our best system and team and go for the win on Saturday. 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 18:15, Yorkowl.74 said:

Harris was awful. When he took that free kick instead of bannan you could see JS say ‘baz!...why??!’

Reach was just outside the area, I expected us to roll the ball to him to have a crack. Windass would have been a decent option, even Pelupessy has a cracking shot on him although we rarely see it.

Harris, never in a month of Sundays.

• Like 1