Reach, Paterson, Harris, Borner

I don’t think Reach was as bad today as some on here are making him out to be. Second half he actually put in a couple of good challenges, played a sublime ball tonHarris and has a good chance.

Harris on the other hand was absolute gash

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

3/10s today, the lot of them, and it's been the same for this quartet several times this season - shocking errors and wasteful in possession on an incredibly regular basis for players at this level 

Harris and Reach in particular were monumentally bad today.

If any of these make the starting line up next week they owe the rest of the team a performance, big time, because their performances today extinguished any opportunity we had to win the game.

I'll give Paterson some slack today. Gets chucked into a position where he hasn't played a single minute in for us this season and I have no idea why, Palmer's been doing fine at right wing back lately. The other 3 I agree were a disgrace.

• Like 5

Just now, sexpistol said:

I don’t think Reach was as bad today as some on here are making him out to be. Second half he actually put in a couple of good challenges, played a sublime ball tonHarris and has a good chance.

One thing I would say (although I di think he was very poor today, particularly in the first half) is that time after time, he found space in a decent area and Pelupessey and Harris failed on several occasions to either see or execute the pass.

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

I'll give Paterson some slack today. Gets chucked into a position where he hasn't played a single minute in for us this season and I have no idea why, Palmer's been doing fine at right wing back lately. The other 3 I agree were a disgrace.

Agree, itvwas a strange selection, but he looked like he didnt fancybolaying there after about 5 minutes and his body language was extremely negative.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

3/10s today, the lot of them, and it's been the same for this quartet several times this season - shocking errors and wasteful in possession on an incredibly regular basis for players at this level 

Harris and Reach in particular were monumentally bad today.

If any of these make the starting line up next week they owe the rest of the team a performance, big time, because their performances today extinguished any opportunity we had to win the game.

Don't expect too much, they've had all season being poor so why should they change now. 

I agree mate...The lambasting should be either coming from the sidelines...or some of these wasters should have a bit of pride in their performance...seeing as neither seems to happen..It needs supporters in there to let them bloody know...Cos we have been totally had for mugs in most games this season due to certain players not giving a flyer...and being able to do so under no pressure whatsoever

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 3

Reach had a poor first half. Was better in the second but as has already been said wasn’t picked out at times when he got into some good positions.

Paterson’s touch was bad today but he tried to put in a shift but as a player he’s a bit of a mixed bag.

Harris was f***ing w@nk.

Borner is lacking confidence atm and I think he’s like Pelupessy in the sense the pace of championship games tend to pass him by.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s the lethargic energy that boils my blood. It wasn’t just today, this has been going on all season.

And no one seems to be able to shake it out of them - very worrying. 

Effort, confidence, or maybe they just don’t like football anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

And no one seems to be able to shake it out of them - very worrying. 

Effort, confidence, or maybe they just don’t like football anymore. 

It’s apparently because they were paid late 6 months ago or something 

• Like 1

The awful formation and tactics aside today, I am most disappointed with Borners shocking season.

He looked a genuine bargain and player, and has turned out to be a total liability.

Never rated 'can't cross' and the 'pointing hairdresser'. Both Harris and Reach have been a waste of a wage.

Paterson is an international RB for his pub/country. He was so poor today going forward.

Within the first 20 mins you could see it was never going to work should have got changed very early on.

Harris as a Wednesday player has nosedived performance wise in every possible way since he came here

Just goes on a run and then runs into players or shoots wide. It's almost when he gets the ball I know

nothing is ever going to come out of it apart from the opposition gets possesion.

Idk why Borner keeps getting picked, he's been shocking recently.

Reach plays like he can't wait to leave the club.

Green needs adding to this list. Poor.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Reach was ok second half but absolutely shocking first half. It was if someone had given him a bollocking at half time 

15 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

He was poor first half but agree he improved second half.

Harris was utterly dire but was playing the same role as Green but on his weaker side yet was far more involved. Green gets off lightly because he didn't spurn as many opportunities - but did absolutely nothing to get into good positions or get involved. 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He was poor first half but agree he improved second half.

Harris was utterly dire but was playing the same role as Green but on his weaker side yet was far more involved. Green gets off lightly because he didn't spurn as many opportunities - but did absolutely nothing to get into good positions or get involved. 

Harris is the most annoying player I’ve ever seen play for us. He’s quick, he can dribble and has a trick in him. He looks like he’s going to create something.

But every time he beats his man he shanks it in to the kop, falls on his arse or just feebly passes it to the opposition. It’s not even that he does that most of the time, it’s that he does it 999/1000. Even inconsistent players like JJ would still get it right say 1 in 10, which often led to something 

id put palmer back wing back far far better player than harris and palmer is a 5/10 player .  stick shaw in as he owes the club , dont know what the hell to do with borner as he is awful but dunkley isnt exactly good either , whatever happens side has to look massively different against derby .