Reach, Paterson, Harris, Borner

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Harris is the most annoying player I’ve ever seen play for us. He’s quick, he can dribble and has a trick in him. He looks like he’s going to create something.

But every time he beats his man he shanks it in to the kop, falls on his arse or just feebly passes it to the opposition. It’s not even that he does that most of the time, it’s that he does it 999/1000. Even inconsistent players like JJ would still get it right say 1 in 10, which often led to something 

Absolutely infuriating. But Green is playing the same role and did nothing, didn't shank any crosses into the Kop, didn't balloon any shots into the away end, because he never made the right runs to get into such positions. I'm not sure which is worse in all honesty. 

9 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Paterson is an international RB for his pub/country. He was so poor today going forward.

Within the first 20 mins you could see it was never going to work should have got changed very early on.

Harris as a Wednesday player has nosedived performance wise in every possible way since he came here

Just goes on a run and then runs into players or shoots wide. It's almost when he gets the ball I know

nothing is ever going to come out of it apart from the opposition gets possesion.

Idk why Borner keeps getting picked, he's been shocking recently.

Reach plays like he can't wait to leave the club.

Green needs adding to this list. Poor.

thing is every 1 of us sees this . if d brown persists with this i think he will get sacked . this aint new off harris as ive posted for many months should never play for us again , no goal in 55 games since oct 2019 for an attacking player and hardly an assist either , he is a pacey pub player at best 

Edited by morganowl

Good riddance.  There have been few players who have left Wednesday and gone on to better things which shows how abysmal they are.  Only recent player to do well for himself was Antonio who in fairness has been a great success at West Ham United.

Much prefer to see Paterson being used as a unit in midfield putting himself about and making those support runs for the front lads and trying to get on the end of things in the box.

Odd to put him out there today.

One of the few chaps who's actually put the ball in the onion bag this season. 

Equally odd to shift Palmer when he's looked decent of late. 

Dunkley and Van Aken must look absolute bobbins in training.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

And no one seems to be able to shake it out of them - very worrying. 

Effort, confidence, or maybe they just don’t like football anymore. 

You can't shake a crap footballer into mediocre one!

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Absolutely infuriating. But Green is playing the same role and did nothing, didn't shank any crosses into the Kop, didn't balloon any shots into the away end, because he never made the right runs to get into such positions. I'm not sure which is worse in all honesty. 

I’m not sure whether it’s because on the left hand side of the pitch we had Bannan and Reach passing in to space and down the channels. On the right hand side we had Pelupessy and Paterson so nobody finding a man. Bannan is so one footed.. there were a few times today where he should have gone with his right foot.. that great dribble he made was set up to be smashed from 15 yards with his right foot but instead he laid it off to Palmer. Another one where we were playing out to the right hand side and he had to do it with the wrong foot

Just now, Marro said:

Good riddance.  There have been few players who have left Wednesday and gone on to better things which shows how abysmal they are.  Only recent player to do well for himself was Antonio who in fairness has been a great success at West Ham United.

exactly , and some on here tried to make points in keeping certain players ,like hooper 30grand for playing golf for last 18months ,forestieri did nothing for 3years on big money, even fletcher was injured too often and aint done much at stoke, neither has fox , nuhiu aint even scored in a whole season , winnall i think has 3 goals in league 1 and so on. any club taking any of our players on are mad.  our recruitment team of paxio ,david downs and so on are the biggest joke in football . the only time we signed decent players were glen roeder, paul senior and another guy who got 90% of our playoff team , all the massively costly errors since 2016 jan have sent this club back 10 plus years . why dont chansiri for once in his life admit he needs to sack the people who are the root of the problem the recruitment team. no manager can make a turd shine and thats the case for many of our players . 

• Like 1

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not sure whether it’s because on the left hand side of the pitch we had Bannan and Reach passing in to space and down the channels. On the right hand side we had Pelupessy and Paterson so nobody finding a man. Bannan is so one footed.. there were a few times today where he should have gone with his right foot.. that great dribble he made was set up to be smashed from 15 yards with his right foot but instead he laid it off to Palmer. Another one where we were playing out to the right hand side and he had to do it with the wrong foot

No excuse for Green not getting involved at all. Once he went off and WIndass went into that position, WIndass created a good chance for Rhodes and had our best shot of the game from that channel. 

Green actually did well to win a penalty last weekend - cutting in from the left. Harris is more comfortable on the right so why we continued to persist with him spurning chances on the left is almost beyond belief. 

Reach has been a bottleless shirker the entire time he’s been here. Plays the game like a scared little boy. Has generally got by at this club by scoring the odd left foot screamer, but nobody should be surprised by his absence when players need to stand up and be counted. Another gutless waste of time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Much prefer to see Paterson being used as a unit in midfield putting himself about and making those support runs for the front lads and trying to get on the end of things in the box.

agree patterson energy is needed in the middle ,dunkley and van aken cannot possibly be as bad as borner , palmer needs to be right wing back reach left wing back even though he is a joke most of the time ,  my line up at derby 

westwood

hutch                                                dunkley                                               van aken 

palmer                                                       pelepessy                                                                                   reach

paterson                                         bannan 

windass                                                            rhodes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Harris’ end product has hindered us. But it’s Borner who scares me on the ball.

I get the impression Borner thinks he is like Beckenbauer, casual passes and Cruyff turns on the edge of his own box. Someone needs to tell him he ain't as good as he thinks he is. 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

agree patterson energy is needed in the middle ,dunkley and van aken cannot possibly be as bad as borner , palmer needs to be right wing back reach left wing back even though he is a joke most of the time ,  my line up at derby 

westwood

hutch                                                dunkley                                               van aken 

palmer                                                       pelepessy                                                                                   reach

paterson                                         bannan 

windass                                                            rhodes 

Paterson's energy????????

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The central defence has become an issue despite having about 20 centre halves.

When asked why Urhoghide wasn’t playing post match the response was that they thought this would win the game?!

We have stumbled on decent formations and partnerships at times this season but then seem to abandon them via tinkering 

• Like 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I get the impression Borner thinks he is like Beckenbauer, casual passes and Cruyff turns on the edge of his own box. Someone needs to tell him he ain't as good as he thinks he is. 

as he is still here next season he will without a doubt become a target for abuse in the stands , no club will take his 15grand wages on not a chance.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He was doing that vs Man City last season with players pressing us. It was ridiculous. He plays like a lunatic sometimes