Our position isn't any worse despite today

Guest wilyfox

Yes it is worse. We have 1 game to reduce the gap to within 3pts rather than 2 matches. Derby just have to match what we do next week and we’re down.

Guest LondonOwl313

I honestly can’t see us staying up on 43 points.. yes it would be helpful if Swansea need to beat Derby to seal the play offs, so hopefully Joao can do us a favour. 

But the problem is Rotherham and their better goal difference. I think it’s pushing it to expect them to just keep losing every game, sooner or later they’ll win one. And if they do we would go in to the last day needing not only to win our game but for them to lose to Cardiff.

If we win both our games we have a better chance but it’s still not a great one

If we win these last 2 games, we stay up. No way will derby win next weekend and toytown won’t get 6 points from 4 games.

But, the problem is I absolutely don’t trust this group to get those 2 wins. 

No points gained from losing positions and is it 27 points lost from winning positions ? Doesn’t really inspire any confidence! 

8 minutes ago, sturutter said:

This won't be popular, not least because it encourages hanging onto some hope, but today went no worse than par for us.

Through blind luck, we are now just as likely to land ourselves in the last day position of having to win one all-or-nothing game, as we were before kick-off today. We may have been horribly mediocre all season, but Derby are currently terrible, and Rotherham are currently shattered.

We don't deserve it on merit, but we still have a chance on luck. Playing the team we are chasing last day is a wonderful piece of luck. Rotherham having to play 2 or 3 times every week has turned out to be horrible luck for them. 

Birmingham letting in a 96th minute equaliser on Tuesday meant they went into the Derby game today needing something, and their spirited second half turnaround may not have happened if they hadn't let in that goal on Tuesday. That was lucky for us. Playing a recently safe Forest, with nothing to play for, could well be lucky for us. Maybe we can even put together one of the biggest relegation scrapes of all time, and draw against Forest, Derby lose to Swansea, Rotherham continue to stumble, and we get to the same position, of needing one result final day, to emerge safe on just 43 points. 

It wouldn't be fair, but football doesn't work out fairly.

Reading vs Swansea, strange as it sounds, is big tomorrow.  We need a Reading win. That sends Swansea into the Derby game still needing a result, and could well be a crucial difference. They should still beat a poor Derby if they need to;  If they don't, I fear for us if Swansea have no motiviaton but to go into the playoffs fresh.

If we get that piece of luck tomorrow, like it or not, we have to hang onto hope.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but as bad as we’ve been this season, you add the 6 points back and we’re above both Derby and Rotherham and this is even after Rotherham took

6 points off us. We stay up, we deserve to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but as bad as we’ve been this season, you add the 6 points back and we’re above both Derby and Rotherham and this is even after Rotherham took

No we don’t. We cheated. Bending the rules gave us this crock of plop. Imagine how much worse it might have been had Chansiri not thought he could do what he wanted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

No we don’t. We cheated. Bending the rules gave us this crock of plop. Imagine how much worse it might have been had Chansiri not thought he could do what he wanted.

I’m not getting into all that cheating sh!t. I’m looking at it as on the pitch we currently have 6 more points than our current total. Anyway let’s see how many championship clubs are on -points at the start of next season. I’d like to bet on none despite several clubs sailing close to the wind as the recent transfer embargo story suggests?

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

We manage to stay up by winning next 2 will only because 2 other teams were poorer overall so yes we deserve to stay up. However can only see that happening if the gods are on our side sadly in 60 yrs that's never happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

We manage to stay up by winning next 2 will only because 2 other teams were poorer overall so yes we deserve to stay up. However can only see that happening if the gods are on our side sadly in 60 yrs that's never happened.

Not sure about that...Ched being banged up with a few games to play was certainly helpful...

Fact is, like it or not, DC did break the rules. We need to be thankful we didn’t get -12. 

That said, I still think we’ll stop up. Derby are dreadful and won’t get anything at Swansea apart from stuffed. If we beat flipflops-on Forest then we will go to Pride Park and win - if we don’t then we will deserve to go down.

35 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes it is worse. We have 1 game to reduce the gap to within 3pts rather than 2 matches. Derby just have to match what we do next week and we’re down.

This

After 44 games you’d think everyone would wise up to the fact that this rabble haven’t got the kahunas for the fight 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sturutter said:

This won't be popular, not least because it encourages hanging onto some hope, but today went no worse than par for us.

Through blind luck, we are now just as likely to land ourselves in the last day position of having to win one all-or-nothing game, as we were before kick-off today. We may have been horribly mediocre all season, but Derby are currently terrible, and Rotherham are currently shattered.

We don't deserve it on merit, but we still have a chance on luck. Playing the team we are chasing last day is a wonderful piece of luck. Rotherham having to play 2 or 3 times every week has turned out to be horrible luck for them. 

Birmingham letting in a 96th minute equaliser on Tuesday meant they went into the Derby game today needing something, and their spirited second half turnaround may not have happened if they hadn't let in that goal on Tuesday. That was lucky for us. Playing a recently safe Forest, with nothing to play for, could well be lucky for us. Maybe we can even put together one of the biggest relegation scrapes of all time, and draw against Forest, Derby lose to Swansea, Rotherham continue to stumble, and we get to the same position, of needing one result final day, to emerge safe on just 43 points. 

It wouldn't be fair, but football doesn't work out fairly.

Reading vs Swansea, strange as it sounds, is big tomorrow.  We need a Reading win. That sends Swansea into the Derby game still needing a result, and could well be a crucial difference. They should still beat a poor Derby if they need to;  If they don't, I fear for us if Swansea have no motiviaton but to go into the playoffs fresh.

If we get that piece of luck tomorrow, like it or not, we have to hang onto hope.

Brilliant post. I am a glass half full person but I’ve believed for some time we are going down, then today Ive changed my mind. I watched Derby for a bit today and they look worse than us. I expect Swansea to beat them and us to get at least a point against Forest. I think Rotherham are going to struggle to get much more points.

I may be wrong, but I think we will take it to the he final game.

Edited by sexpistol

It's now become blindingly obvious that we are staying up on the final day of the season.

Derby won't get a point in their next match, and Wednesday will beat Forest.  That means only one thing, winner takes all on the last game.  

Wednesday will stay up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I honestly can’t see us staying up on 43 points.. yes it would be helpful if Swansea need to beat Derby to seal the play offs, so hopefully Joao can do us a favour.

How’s Joao going to be able to do us a favour?