Our position isn't any worse despite today

53 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Rotherham are in the best position imo

Absolutely - but if they lose on Tuesday they start to run out of road. I think their best options are both Derby and us failing to win at the weekend and they beat and say draw with Blackburn and Luton, which would keep them up, unless we hammer Derby 5-0 or so, which ain't going to happen. They wouldn't want to be going to Cardiff needing a draw or win.

The issue with Rotherham's position is if they lose on Tuesday, and don't beat Blackburn and we beat Forest, they end up under pressure, and suddenly they're not in the best position. You would expect them to pick up some points but they haven't recently and our fans think we're doomed because of the same situation!

14 hours ago, sturutter said:

This won't be popular, not least because it encourages hanging onto some hope, but today went no worse than par for us.

Through blind luck, we are now just as likely to land ourselves in the last day position of having to win one all-or-nothing game, as we were before kick-off today. We may have been horribly mediocre all season, but Derby are currently terrible, and Rotherham are currently shattered.

We don't deserve it on merit, but we still have a chance on luck. Playing the team we are chasing last day is a wonderful piece of luck. Rotherham having to play 2 or 3 times every week has turned out to be horrible luck for them. 

Birmingham letting in a 96th minute equaliser on Tuesday meant they went into the Derby game today needing something, and their spirited second half turnaround may not have happened if they hadn't let in that goal on Tuesday. That was lucky for us. Playing a recently safe Forest, with nothing to play for, could well be lucky for us. Maybe we can even put together one of the biggest relegation scrapes of all time, and draw against Forest, Derby lose to Swansea, Rotherham continue to stumble, and we get to the same position, of needing one result final day, to emerge safe on just 43 points. 

It wouldn't be fair, but football doesn't work out fairly.

Reading vs Swansea, strange as it sounds, is big tomorrow.  We need a Reading win. That sends Swansea into the Derby game still needing a result, and could well be a crucial difference. They should still beat a poor Derby if they need to;  If they don't, I fear for us if Swansea have no motiviaton but to go into the playoffs fresh.

If we get that piece of luck tomorrow, like it or not, we have to hang onto hope.

Crazy but true... 

Somebody call Ripley's ... 

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Rotherham are in the best position imo

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

The amount of people thinking this is a straight shootout between us and Derby is quite amusing

I'm not counting Rotherham out but they have 4 tough games left.

They've won 1 in the last 8, scoring in only 2 of those games.

I think they're running on empty and I can't  see them winning 2.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m not getting into all that cheating sh!t. I’m looking at it as on the pitch we currently have 6 more points than our current total. Anyway let’s see how many championship clubs are on -points at the start of next season. I’d like to bet on none despite several clubs sailing close to the wind as the recent transfer embargo story suggests?

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m not getting into all that cheating sh!t. I’m looking at it as on the pitch we currently have 6 more points than our current total. Anyway let’s see how many championship clubs are on -points at the start of next season. I’d like to bet on none despite several clubs sailing close to the wind as the recent transfer embargo story suggests?

Trouble is it’s NOT just “ on the pitch” is it , & championship “next season” will have SFA significance for (any) teams in 3rd division 

19 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Rotherham can draw with Blackburn and Luton and lose to Brentford, we beat Forest and Derby lose to Swansea. It's in our hands then. We can still do this.

So let me get this straight.

If some things happen that are out of our hands, then it in our hands?

• Haha 2

One more defeat hardly makes our chances better when we need points to catch our rivals. Let's face it we're still lucky to have any sort of a chance to stay up. We've been given real chances to get ourselves safe but we've been like a drowning man  failing to catch a lifeline when it has been thrown.

20 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Rotherham can draw with Blackburn and Luton and lose to Brentford, we beat Forest and Derby lose to Swansea. It's in our hands then. We can still do this.

If we beat Forest then Derby can even draw with Swansea and it'll still be in our hands and I don't Rotherham will win another game so I'm saying they're down.

21 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I'm not counting Rotherham out but they have 4 tough games left.

They've won 1 in the last 8, scoring in only 2 of those games.

I think they're running on empty and I can't  see them winning 2.

Maybe, but can you honestly see us winning two? 

41 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

So let me get this straight.

If some things happen that are out of our hands, then it in our hands?

That’s what I thought lol nothing is in our hands. We need to hope Rotherham don’t get anything at Brentford tomorrow, and then for Swansea to beat Derby on Saturday (which I’m confident on). But then we HAVE to beat Forest to take it to the last day 

And all this while hoping toytown don’t win their other game in hand 

Out of the 3 teams we have by far the least say 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Maybe, but can you honestly see us winning two? 

No I can't see us or Rotherham winning 2 to catch Derby, even though they have imploded.

Although in theory we might only have to win the 1 game at Derby, if they lose at Swansea and we don't lose v Forest.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No I can't see us or Rotherham winning 2 to catch Derby, even though they have imploded.

Although in theory we might only have to win the 1 game at Derby, if they lose at Swansea and we don't lose v Forest.

That would mean Rotherham needing only four points from four games, however, assuming goal difference doesn't alter drastically in our favour. Unfortunately Swansea could help Derby by resting players now they've qualified for play-offs and if they win there, game over.