Our position isn't any worse despite today

Yesterday was (yet another) opportunity to put it in our own hands blown. Hell, a draw would have made it better. We're dreadful, Rotherham are dreadful. It's completely illogical to think we can win 2/2 and simultaneously think Rotherham will lose 4/4. 3 of their 4 are on the beach, and the others will be thinking ahead to playoffs. 

I actually think we can win both, forest aren't good and nothing to play for, and with a bit of pressure Derby will choke (although we're good at that too). But I think it'll just end up doing Rotherham a favour. We're 1/16 to go down for a reason. 

Guest Andy W
12 hours ago, sturutter said:

This won't be popular, not least because it encourages hanging onto some hope, but today went no worse than par for us.

Through blind luck, we are now just as likely to land ourselves in the last day position of having to win one all-or-nothing game, as we were before kick-off today. We may have been horribly mediocre all season, but Derby are currently terrible, and Rotherham are currently shattered.

We don't deserve it on merit, but we still have a chance on luck. Playing the team we are chasing last day is a wonderful piece of luck. Rotherham having to play 2 or 3 times every week has turned out to be horrible luck for them. 

Birmingham letting in a 96th minute equaliser on Tuesday meant they went into the Derby game today needing something, and their spirited second half turnaround may not have happened if they hadn't let in that goal on Tuesday. That was lucky for us. Playing a recently safe Forest, with nothing to play for, could well be lucky for us. Maybe we can even put together one of the biggest relegation scrapes of all time, and draw against Forest, Derby lose to Swansea, Rotherham continue to stumble, and we get to the same position, of needing one result final day, to emerge safe on just 43 points. 

It wouldn't be fair, but football doesn't work out fairly.

Reading vs Swansea, strange as it sounds, is big tomorrow.  We need a Reading win. That sends Swansea into the Derby game still needing a result, and could well be a crucial difference. They should still beat a poor Derby if they need to;  If they don't, I fear for us if Swansea have no motiviaton but to go into the playoffs fresh.

If we get that piece of luck tomorrow, like it or not, we have to hang onto hope.

Thats a hell of a straw my friend, clutch away.

We should and will go down

9 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You can't substantiate what you claimed. You only posted an article of one man saying the was some fighting going on. 

So I provided a first hand account but that isn't substantiating.

Ok then.

Edited by SiJ

If nothing else yesterday’s results allowed us all to speculate for a full week before the next game!

For me yesterday was as bad as it gets because it summed up the season. We have had chance after chance to close gaps, grind out points take chances etc etc. 
Instead we gifted goals away, missed golden chances and failed to close the gap when everyone else was also losing. 
Like Bristol before that we just implode at the crucial time. 
I don’t believe we will best Forest. The idea they will roll over so we have a better chance of putting Derby down isnt realistic. Even if Forest hate Derby the players and Manager don’t. They don’t care one iota if it’s us or Derby going down. And if we keep gifting teams goals and missing out chances we haven’t got a prayer anyway!

Time will of course reveal all. 

Our position is worse than it was before yesterday's games.

There was a possibility we could have gone to Derby only needing a draw. That's gone now and if does go to that last game, we will have to win there.

If we had won yesterday, we could have had the scenario where we only needed draws against Forest and Derby, if Derby lost at Swansea.

Guest Therealrealist
51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The amount of people thinking this is a straight shootout between us and Derby is quite amusing

Innit...bizzare

47 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The amount of people thinking this is a straight shootout between us and Derby is quite amusing

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Our position is worse than it was before yesterday's games.

There was a possibility we could have gone to Derby only needing a draw. That's gone now and if does go to that last game, we will have to win there.

If we had won yesterday, we could have had the scenario where we only needed draws against Forest and Derby, if Derby lost at Swansea.