Wednesday - V - Swansea OMDT

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

lol

Christ Almighty, he could have done anything at all with the ball

Aye, a ball played right into Lees’ strengths wasn’t it.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Come off it!

It wasn't a pass he could do much with but he had 5 yards of space, he could have controlled it and passed square, gone back to the keeper or simply cleared it. Instead he crumbled as soon as Ayew challenged him. If you can't handle the ball better in that situation you shouldn't be on the pitch. 

Totally agree, that's literally schoolboy stuff he did there, take a touch and create space for yourself.

Nope just let the ball roll on past.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

No back pass Barry hasnt !.  

Can't blame him for that.

I could have done better than that.

You often hear it as hyberbole and exaggeration, but that was just basic, fundamental, literally receive a pass and boot it.

I could have done better than that, now, as is, stepping outside and off of the work computer, and fielding that one in my dress shoes.

That was just awful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Bugger off Wednesday, you don't deserve to have supporters.

Go home to your nice homes in your nice cars with your fat wallets and go and con some other poor unfortunates into keeping you in the lifestyles you shouldn't have.

So  go on tell us what you really think.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Don't get that was straight at him could have very easily put his boot through it

I was as right footed as Lees but I could actually use my left foot to clear anything dangerous...row Z is the answer when in doubt

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've watched it too many times thanks. It wasn't a good pass but it wasn't one in which the player should capitulate and end up conceding a goal. 

Yeah brilliant, under hit a back pass to our most unreliable player with the ball at feet, whilst he’s being quickly closed down by the oppositions fastest and possibly best player.

Good decision Bannan.

12 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I got to say for 30 minutes we looked competitive. Some good movement and passing but that useless excuse for a footballer spoilt it .. said it 2 years ago and ever since.. get rid of him

Good movement and passing....but in a relegation fight, you need guts, a tight defence and nicking a goal or two. Becoming pretty is not the objective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Yeah brilliant, under hit a back pass to our most unreliable player with the ball at feet, whilst he’s being quickly closed down by the oppositions fastest and possibly best player.

Good decision Bannan.

You can't seriously be faulting Bannan for this.

https://streamable.com/jsagsz

Tom Lees is a professional footballer.  Give me a break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1