Irrefutable Proof That Bannan IS The Problem!

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

he’s not, and will need to be sold. When Chansiri grasps the need to trade players, we might make some progress. 

This is my main gripe, teams stagnate, Chansiri has let this happen, we should have sold when stock was high, and made

a profit, reinvested and move on, the bloke's an absolute clown.

The amount of times he could and should have got rid of Forestieri is mind numbing.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

This is my main gripe, teams stagnate, Chansiri has let this happen, we should have sold when stock was high, and made

a profit, reinvested and move on, the bloke's an absolute clown.

The amount of times he could and should have got rid of Forestieri is mind numbing.

And Reach. 9mil rejected, now he walks for nowt. Sobering.

30 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Pathetic, small minded and petty OP by Big D I’m afraid. We lose yet again, we’re second bottom, 7 points from safety. We teeter on the inevitable brink of League One and possibly, in the not too distant future, staring into the abyss of League Two. All you care about is trying to score points against fellow long-suffering Owls fans who might not agree with your endless and boring insistence that Barry Bannan is the love child of Mother Theresa & Lionel Messi. Sad really. 

Have to say Mother Theresa’S reputation has taken a bit of a hit if she has mothered a “love child” - especially if it was with Messi 😳

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Lots to say based on that statement. He’s been good, but you think he’s top 2, when we’ve had Antonio, Brunt, Whelan, Boughera, who have actually been too good and we’ve failed to keep hold of them. I’m a Bannan fan but there’s a reason he didn’t get snapped up by a Premiership club and why even Carlos felt that a midfield with Bannan central wasnt quite good enough. There is no doubt he’s quality for this division, but we’ve also seen many games where we’ve been overrun in midfield even when he was paired with Lee or Hutch in his heyday. Top 10 for me, definitely not top 2 in my opinion. 

Agree with much of that, though not signing complementary midfielders to support him over several seasons is hardly Bannan’s fault. As pure footballers I’d still say Bannan and Lee have been the best. Whelan probably was equal agreed and went on to better things, Brunt maybe became a better player but was inconsistent and far from a favourite before he left. Bougherra was a good centre half but totally different comparison. Antonio was a powerhouse and obviously top drawer eventually but his last season with us was very poor. After that who else over two decades? Hooper was class but never fit. Nando when he could be arsed.... But it’s a good debate and depressing how little genuine class we’ve had in that period.

Guest LondonOwl313
32 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Lots to say based on that statement. He’s been good, but you think he’s top 2, when we’ve had Antonio, Brunt, Whelan, Boughera, who have actually been too good and we’ve failed to keep hold of them. I’m a Bannan fan but there’s a reason he didn’t get snapped up by a Premiership club and why even Carlos felt that a midfield with Bannan central wasnt quite good enough. There is no doubt he’s quality for this division, but we’ve also seen many games where we’ve been overrun in midfield even when he was paired with Lee or Hutch in his heyday. Top 10 for me, definitely not top 2 in my opinion. 

For Wednesday yeah he’s one of the best. Firstly the longevity, he’s done 6 years and has stood out the whole time. 

Those other players you mention weren’t as good at Wednesday. Bougherra was a bit of a flash in the pan if I remember right, he moved around a few times to Charlton and Rangers but didn’t do much.. was just clearly better than where we were at at that time.

Antonio was only here 2 years, he was very raw when he was here and definitely not as good a footballer as Bannan. Just very strong and quick.. not the best footballing brain. He developed really well after leaving here though, and playing with better players helped. He’s now a far better player than anyone we’ve got.

Brunt and Whelan.. played most of their career in the PL. Whelan was on the transfer list for a spell here, he wasn’t even first pick. Then moved sideways to Stoke and got promoted with them and developed. His level of performance for us though was less then Bannan puts out week in week out.

Brunt was great here, and like Bannan people used to slag him off too. He’d be up there for me but again most of his best football came after leaving here.

Can only really judge what they did at Hillsborough. Otherwise might as well pick players like Ross Barkley or Jamie Vardy (although obviously he never played for the first team).

1 hour ago, Animis said:

No we weren't but only the most optimistic fan would have given us hope at the time he resigned.

I assume there's L1 clause for the salary, opt out to talk to clubs when we are confirmed, or DC has the relationship with him some have suggested, and BB like Hutch is lined up for some sort of club role. 

He's too small for Ozzie Owl, maybe a new baby Owl mascot.😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Our midfield was non existent today again. They waltzed right through us every time. And Bazza was at fault for two of the goals but was quick to berate others. Great leadership.

Mom 3 games running and he was non existent 

lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

How do those stay compare to any midfield in the top 20 teams in the league. 

You know thoses team not in the relegation zone.

Well we could compare him to the leaders for today's opponents....

Assists: Bannan (5)...... best for QPR = Adomah & Willock (4)

Chances created: Bannan (63)...... best for QPR = Chair (63)

Dribbles completed: Bannan (57)...... best for QPR = Samuel (58)

Passes: Bannan (1,960)...... best for QPR = Barbet (2,272)

Possession won: Bannan (283)...... best for QPR = Dickie (304)

So 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2nd, and two of the three players better than him for any of those stats aren't midfielders...

• Like 1

Too good for the rest of our team to cope with, some of them sometimes manage to hang on to those genius passes and then we see goals like Windass' today where Reach somehow managed to flick it in following that Bannan through pass. But other times, when the build up requires several steps, other players show their lack of quality in that they can't pull it off and nothing comes off it except that it started by some brilliant pass that Bannan made first and someone else couldn't keep in or turn into a chance.

Without Bannan we'd been down by Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Well we could compare him to the leaders for today's opponents....

Assists: Bannan (5)...... best for QPR = Adomah & Willock (4)

Chances created: Bannan (63)...... best for QPR = Chair (63)

Dribbles completed: Bannan (57)...... best for QPR = Samuel (58)

Passes: Bannan (1,960)...... best for QPR = Barbet (2,272)

Possession won: Bannan (283)...... best for QPR = Dickie (304)

So 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2nd, and two of the three players better than him for any of those stats aren't midfielders...

None of that really changes the OP's argument though.

Bannan is number one in all of those categories at Sheffield Wednesday so how does he become the problem that needs dropping?

• Like 1