Irrefutable Proof That Bannan IS The Problem!

18 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

For Wednesday yeah he’s one of the best. Firstly the longevity, he’s done 6 years and has stood out the whole time. 

Those other players you mention weren’t as good at Wednesday. Bougherra was a bit of a flash in the pan if I remember right, he moved around a few times to Charlton and Rangers but didn’t do much.. was just clearly better than where we were at at that time.

Antonio was only here 2 years, he was very raw when he was here and definitely not as good a footballer as Bannan. Just very strong and quick.. not the best footballing brain. He developed really well after leaving here though, and playing with better players helped. He’s now a far better player than anyone we’ve got.

Brunt and Whelan.. played most of their career in the PL. Whelan was on the transfer list for a spell here, he wasn’t even first pick. Then moved sideways to Stoke and got promoted with them and developed. His level of performance for us though was less then Bannan puts out week in week out.

Brunt was great here, and like Bannan people used to slag him off too. He’d be up there for me but again most of his best football came after leaving here.

Can only really judge what they did at Hillsborough. Otherwise might as well pick players like Ross Barkley or Jamie Vardy (although obviously he never played for the first team).

I did say top 10, to be fair. I only quoted players who’d played a full year, hence why no mention of Kenwyne Jones, Barkley etc. I happen to disagree with you on Antonio, he was game changing even when he wasn’t having a good day. If Bannan has a bad day, we get overrun in midfield, so yes he was raw but I still feel he’s up there.Yes Whelan and Brunt both had bad spells, but neither had a percentage of our fan base who believe that our entire demise is due to that persons play. Some fans think that of Bannan, from his decision to be a quarterback at times, to trying to influence play in the wrong areas etc. I’d actually put Bannan on a par with Tudgay and Alan Quinn, with those I mentioned above him. Plus there’s no doubt Bannans had better players around him to help him look good, Antonio played in a Championship team that created very little and was often our only out ball. In Bannans time here he’s not once won player of the season and in an Owlstalk discussion maybe only 2 weeks ago over 75% of fans said Lees has already won it this year, nobody is getting close. Soon a relegation team as captain he’s still not been our best player it seems. I stand by my point, top 10, not top 2. In fact, if I built a team from the players in the last 20 years, he’d not get into my midfield and I think I could build one that based on their best year at the club would win the Championship (Westwood, Buxton, Reda, Loovens, Boughera, Antonio, Brunt, Whelan, Lee, Hooper, Fletch- subs Grant, Hutch, Fessi, Tudgay, Quinn/Bannan, Sibon, Geary) off the top of my head from players who were permanent at the club. Lees, Iorfa, Pudil, Wallace should maybe have been included

17 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Well we could compare him to the leaders for today's opponents....

Assists: Bannan (5)...... best for QPR = Adomah & Willock (4)

Chances created: Bannan (63)...... best for QPR = Chair (63)

Dribbles completed: Bannan (57)...... best for QPR = Samuel (58)

Passes: Bannan (1,960)...... best for QPR = Barbet (2,272)

Possession won: Bannan (283)...... best for QPR = Dickie (304)

So 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2nd, and two of the three players better than him for any of those stats aren't midfielders...

Cool best player in the league, but we are still 23rd in the table and getting relegated.

I would prefer to have lesser players such as QPR that current sit on 56 points which is 18 points more than we have got this season, how did they do that with inferior players.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Cool best player in the league, but we are still 23rd in the table and getting relegated.

I would prefer to have lesser players such as QPR that current sit on 56 points which is 18 points more than we have got this season, how did they do that with inferior players.

It’s a team effort. One player can’t carry a team , not long term anyway

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Every top team in this has good all round midfielders. We only have Massimo who is never fit.

No, they don't.

A lot of midfielders play certain roles these days.

That's been the case for decades.

Plus, Bannan can do a bit of everything, but his strength lies as a creative force.

Anyway, who are you dropping him for? 

Edited by SiJ

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, they don't.

A lot of midfielders play certain roles these days.

That's been the case for decades.

Plus, Bannan can do a bit of everything, but his strength lies as a creative force.

Anyway, who are you dropping him for? 

New players who won’t be killing the club on £27K a week. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s a team effort. One player can’t carry a team , not long term anyway

Indeed but when we are compare great players it would be nice if the player in question had score a goal from open play in the last 52 games.

Bannan like so many players we have, can from time to time put in some dazzling display like at Cardiff last week. But the reason we are in the mess we are is Bannan, Reach, windass, Lees, Palmer, Westwood etc have not consistently performed game in game out. You expect that with kids not with experienced pros.

For me we go down, we need to clear the lot out and start again. The problem is though I would not trust DC running a bath let alone bringing grafters in  to get us out of league one.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but when we are compare great players it would be nice if the player in question had score a goal from open play in the last 52 games.

Bannan like so many players we have, can from time to time put in some dazzling display like at Cardiff last week. But the reason we are in the mess we are is Bannan, Reach, windass, Lees, Palmer, Westwood etc have not consistently performed game in game out. You expect that with kids not with experienced pros.

For me we go down, we need to clear the lot out and start again. The problem is though I would not trust DC running a bath let alone bringing grafters in  to get us out of league one.

Great post.

But , but the man on the telly keeps telling us how wonderful he is.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I would play Shaw, or failing that give Green, Hunt , Bashiro game time . See if they can earn a contract for next year.

So in a relegation fight, you would drop our captain and drop him for one of the following:

- a kid who is off to Celtic 

- a kid who has barely kicked a ball and just got back from injury 

- a winger 

Brilliant.

• Haha 1