Irrefutable Proof That Bannan IS The Problem!

10 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

The only stat that's important is that super Bannan is the captain of a team that's relegating us to league 1 

But obviously bannan is innocent when it comes to us losing 

He's our best player and if anyone thinks he needs dropping they obviously don't watch our games or know very little about football. 

• Like 1

I've not read all the posts on this thread but my issue with Bannan is that he plays too deep. He is in an excellent player but doesn't use his ability where it really matters enough. That was a major reason why we were so turgid in the 16/17 season as he and Hutch were the midfield pair when Lee was injured and they were both sat in front of the back 4 ensuring there was little support for the front 2. If he played as a #10 he could be a really effective player with his passing ability

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

If he didn’t leave his man and chase the ball like an under 7 player then the shot or the cross doesn’t happen. But It’s hardly a surprise you couldn’t see that.

Seriously, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You’ve got the entire site arguing against you, is that not enough of a clue that you’re wrong?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Seriously, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You’ve got the entire site arguing against you, is that not enough of a clue that you’re wrong?

Well the highlights will be on you tube if the whole site wants to educate themselves and see that I am right.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I see the loons have climbed out of their pits

Funny that as I had a delivery from Poland at 03:27am this morning!

For the record I think Mr Bannan is one of our best players in the last 20 years, although my criticism of him is he plays too deep sometimes and is more effective higher up the pitch and I wish he would accept the inevitable with his barnet, hence just trying to inject a bit of light hearted humour.

So don't refer to me a loon please, as I find that offensive!

2 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

Funny that as I had a delivery from Poland at 03:27am this morning!

For the record I think Mr Bannan is one of our best players in the last 20 years, although my criticism of him is he plays too deep sometimes and is more effective higher up the pitch and I wish he would accept the inevitable with his barnet, hence just trying to inject a bit of light hearted humour.

So don't refer to me a loon please, as I find that offensive!

I find your ‘humour’ sh ite offensive

Edited by BIG D

Whilst I’ve been one of Bannan’s biggest critics on here I’ve found his last few games very refreshing. It appears he can run with the ball, he can take a man on, he can play at a tempo higher than walking pace and pass, move and support attacking plays with more than just the occasional long ball. 

Now that said, it’s upsetting he hasn’t played like this all season. It’s upsetting that he’s chosen to ignore past coaches OR not been told by other coaches to play higher up. 

Whilst I’m sure his tracking back/failure to mark a man rather than flock to the ball contributed to at least one of yesterday’s goals, I don’t think you hold that against him. Hutch was a passenger yesterday he’s supposed to screen the defence not bannan. 

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

The trouble with Bazzas fanboys is that they don’t realise the game is played in both directions. Thus they start name calling and just spout about sky rating him.

He takes up good positions which broke up play a few times yesterday. His job isn’t to win the ball back, that’s the job of Hutch & Joey. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

He takes up good positions which broke up play a few times yesterday. His job isn’t to win the ball back, that’s the job of Hutch & Joey. 

It’s a midfielders job to do everything.

Bannan is a liability and cost us goals again yesterday with his lack of discipline.

We have midfielders who are one dimensional, other teams have all round midfielders.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

It’s a midfielders job to do everything.

Bannan is a liability and cost us goals again yesterday with his lack of discipline.

We have midfielders who are one dimensional, other teams have all round midfielders.

I agree with this, especially long term. But his attacking presence last two games outweighs his ineptness in other areas IMO. I’d rather have three alrounders but we don’t have any at moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree with this, especially long term. But his attacking presence last two games outweighs his ineptness in other areas IMO. I’d rather have three alrounders but we don’t have any at moment. 

Two good games a season for the SKY cameras isn’t enough though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Two good games a season for the SKY cameras isn’t enough though.

True enough! I commented it’s frustrating to see him run, pass and move, dribble passes players etc in these two games when most the season have been at walking pace. Great that he can and is doing it, upsetting he hasn’t been.