Irrefutable Proof That Bannan IS The Problem!

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He probably signed on similar terms to what we paid him so probably in the region of £25k a week +, football is in crisis there could be thousands of footballers looking for a club in the summer.

With so many good players out of work he's be stupid to turn down easy money and if things pick up with the economy or we area rubbish next season as we were this he will simply demand a move.

We're surely not going to pay a player £25k in L1.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Were not in league one yet though are we? And he resign when we were in the championship.

No we weren't but only the most optimistic fan would have given us hope at the time he resigned.

I assume there's L1 clause for the salary, opt out to talk to clubs when we are confirmed, or DC has the relationship with him some have suggested, and BB like Hutch is lined up for some sort of club role. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I take it you like Banan          as.

Of course. It’s time for him to go, but he has served us well and is our best player. 

Pathetic, small minded and petty OP by Big D I’m afraid. We lose yet again, we’re second bottom, 7 points from safety. We teeter on the inevitable brink of League One and possibly, in the not too distant future, staring into the abyss of League Two. All you care about is trying to score points against fellow long-suffering Owls fans who might not agree with your endless and boring insistence that Barry Bannan is the love child of Mother Theresa & Lionel Messi. Sad really. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Bannan + Moore = Domination of league one.

his wages would cripple us and he’s too good for league one. Last chance to get a fee for him. Sell.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Of course. It’s time for him to go, but he has served us well and is our best player. 

To be honest I don't think he's a bad player, just not got the right players around him, which makes him look a tad greedy.

If we had players who could compliment and take some of the workload he would be a lot better,

It's not going to happen so move on, be best for all involved,

49 minutes ago, ArthurTeaCake said:

Along with Kieran Lee he’s been our outstanding footballer of the last 20 years. Nothing else to say....is there?

Lots to say based on that statement. He’s been good, but you think he’s top 2, when we’ve had Antonio, Brunt, Whelan, Boughera, who have actually been too good and we’ve failed to keep hold of them. I’m a Bannan fan but there’s a reason he didn’t get snapped up by a Premiership club and why even Carlos felt that a midfield with Bannan central wasnt quite good enough. There is no doubt he’s quality for this division, but we’ve also seen many games where we’ve been overrun in midfield even when he was paired with Lee or Hutch in his heyday. Top 10 for me, definitely not top 2 in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

To be honest I don't think he's a bad player, just not got the right players around him, which makes him look a tad greedy.

If we had players who could compliment and take some of the workload he would be a lot better,

It's not going to happen so move on, be best for all involved,

team around him has gotten weaker year on year. He had better company. He’s good, but not good enough to compensate for others.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You don’t sell family

he’s not, and will need to be sold. When Chansiri grasps the need to trade players, we might make some progress. 

16 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Pathetic, small minded and petty OP by Big D I’m afraid. We lose yet again, we’re second bottom, 7 points from safety. We teeter on the inevitable brink of League One and possibly, in the not too distant future, staring into the abyss of League Two. All you care about is trying to score points against fellow long-suffering Owls fans who might not agree with your endless and boring insistence that Barry Bannan is the love child of Mother Theresa & Lionel Messi. Sad really. 

:tango: