Irrefutable Proof That Bannan IS The Problem!

56 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

We're 23rd in the Championship and staring down the barrel of relegation to League One, yet people are debating whether Barry Bannan is any good or not.

Bonkers.

It’s hilarious 

2 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

We're 23rd in the Championship and staring down the barrel of relegation to League One, yet people are debating whether Barry Bannan is any good or not.

Bonkers.

Looking at a tactical point it is though. 

One of the reasons we're getting beat is becouse we hardly ever win the midfield battle in the centre of the pitch. This means the opposition get to control the ball, the game and areas its played in. It also means our defense is under too almost always under pressure and the cosh having to defend far more than the opposition. 

This means we make more mistakes at the back due to doing more defending which invariably brings about opposition goals and Bannan is the one constant main protagonist in that cm area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Looking at a tactical point it is though. 

One of the reasons we're getting beat is becouse we hardly ever win the midfield battle in the centre of the pitch. This means the opposition get to control the ball, the game and areas its played in. It also means our defense is under too almost always under pressure and the cosh having to defend far more than the opposition. 

This means we make more mistakes at the back due to doing more defending which invariably brings about opposition goals and Bannan is the one constant main protagonist in that cm area. 

Barry Bannan is not the issue in our squad. 

I can't believe how many times it has to be said. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

To me is points out a couple of things.

Bannan is our best player, he very rarely puts in a less than 6 out of 10 performance and quite often comes up with 8 and 9 out of ten performances.

I do agree with you that he should be playing further forward as either an attacking midfield player or as left midfield where is lack of defensive quality is not such an issue.

The other point is the other big wage players are not that good, they have their odd good games but also have a lot of 4 or 5 out of 10 performances. ( That's being kind. )

Quite often comes up with 8 and 9 out of ten performances? That's made me laugh on a cold Monday morning. He might have a 7 every seventh game.

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

So Hutch as defensive midfielder has a lot to answer for as he's supposed to be sweeping up in front of the defense

Or any other midfielder we stick in there, anyone who plays with him will be exposed and it is fortunate for Luongo that he is never fit as it would be the same with him.

Bannan has to play further forward, part of that is up to him he shouldn't be tackling Borner or taking the ball off the centre backs where there is no need to.

He is one of the main reasons for our long ball style and possibly Moore knows this, playing further up the field is harder but this needs to happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Barry Bannan is not the issue in our squad. 

I can't believe how many times it has to be said. 

He is, I can't believe how many times it has to be said.