Bit concerned..

9 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I agree in some aspect but at the same time I’d much rather us go down fighting, than downing tools and going down with a whimper. 

We've had our whimper already...most of this season...

I almost gave up but every season comes down to the last 6 games, top or bottom.

3 straight wins then it’s tournament time and this bunch of spineless fuckwits as bad as they’ve been at times are better than that.

I would love it if we do it and if I can’t believe they can then we might as well all pack it all in.

It’s what football’s all about.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 💙💪🦉

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If Chansiri had the money to get us promoted, why hasn't he spent any over the last two/three years to improve training facilities, remove some paint from the West Stand, pay to use the pitch lamps as much as possible etc etc etc etc etc.

Why has he committed the entity that is Sheffield Wednesday to pay £3m+ per year on rent for a stadium he owns for the next couple of decades, why did he take a mortgage out against the ground etc etc etc.

There are none who are blind as those who choose not to see.

Did I say that there hadn't been mismanagement?

We were a club which had had no investment for a decade and a half before Chansiri arrived.

To get promoted quickly - which most fans were impatient for, whether they now admit it or not - required a lot of money being spent in a very short space of time.

Channers had restrictions placed on him which were not placed on the parachute clubs we were competing against.

If 'ull had had similar restrictions imposed, what team would they have been able to field against Derby in the semi, or us in the final?

A weaker one I'll wager.

41 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Totally agree:-

Without a pot to pee in DC and Monk allowed us to start the season with 6 CBs and 1 striker

Managers kept our only striker in the stands until February

Managers fielded negative defensive formations

Managers failed/refused to see that inverted wingers/WBs were creating zero

This mess is self-inflicted.

People seem very sure of the remit Monk was working under.

I'm not sure I buy it.

Not being able to bring his own team in. Having to train the trainer's as well as the players. Senior players all of a sudden being frozen out.

Questionable transfers.

This smells more of DC and Paxo than anything else.

Pulis didn't stand for it and walked. Monk didn't. But then again Pulis is at the end of his career and Monk is just beginning.

I'm more inclined to believe that Monk was stitched up after numerous DC u-turns.

I agree that monk did not help himself from that moment forward and imploded. He should have just played his best 11 regards if what DC was telling him to do. 

Then it've been up to DC to sack him or not for going against his wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I blame P&S as much as anything.

Chansiri had the money to get us into the PL, but unlike the parachute clubs he couldn't spend it as he wished.

Like Martin Samuel said, it's punishing ambition.

And before anyone replies "them's the rules", in the past they hanged a man for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family.

Them were the rules back then, but it didn't make them just.

If he had the money why have we not spent hardly anything since 2017? On the playing squad and the infrastructure.

8 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’re a better team than what we’ve shown though. I think we’re about 10 points below where we’d be had chairman and managers got the most basic of decisions right this season. If we’d had a decent manager all season i think we’d be somewhere like 15th.

Think how many games we’ve wasted by not playing a striker, playing one up, playing people out of position, playing Pulis ball. It’s a lot, and we’ve rarely seen any benefit to it.. most of the wins have been in games where the manager has put the players that fans have called for on to the pitch. So it’s frustrating 

We can’t win all 7 games but we can win 4 or so and make it interesting.. it’s all down to whether someone above us implodes now at this point

The fans have called for all sorts, though - there's nothing like a consensus, is there?

Some have told us that we can only win with Paterson and Rhodes up top; others have claimed that Harris and Reach must play right and left respectively; some have claimed that one up top will never work etc..

And yet we've won by starting:

• a front two of Windass and Rhodes
  • a front two of Windass and Paterson
  • Windass flanked by Kachunga and Reach
  • a front two of Kachunga and Paterson
  • a front two of Rhodes and Paterson
  • Harris on the right and Penney on the left
  • Reach on the right and Kachunga on the left
  • Odubajo on the right and Harris on the left
  • Harris on the right and Reach on the left
  • Palmer on the right and Penney on the left
  • Reach on the right and Penney on the left
  • Palmer on the right and Reach on the left

Football is a game of many variables, and dogmatic principles rarely apply. As tempting as it as fans to see something working in one game and thinking it would always work, it's never that simple, I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

People seem very sure of the remit Monk was working under.

I'm not sure I buy it.

Not being able to bring his own team in. Having to train the trainer's as well as the players. Senior players all of a sudden being frozen out.

Questionable transfers.

This smells more of DC and Paxo than anything else.

Pulis didn't stand for it and walked. Monk didn't. But then again Pulis is at the end of his career and Monk is just beginning.

I'm more inclined to believe that Monk was stitched up after numerous DC u-turns.

I agree that monk did not help himself from that moment forward and imploded. He should have just played his best 11 regards if what DC was telling him to do. 

Then it've been up to DC to sack him or not for going against his wishes.

I have absolutely no idea of the role Monk or other managers played in our buying and loaning. That’s why I said Monk and DC.

I agree Monk imploded thereafter. Look at the side that won at Cardiff, and the side that beat them the other night. An identical approach - Windass & Rhodes up front, a left-footed and right-footed wing-back either side of a back 3.

He ditched it two games later.

4 minutes ago, WL_Owl_JC said:

We might stay up. We've got the quality and the leadership to go on a good run.

More concerned about the impact the large scale fishing industry is having on our planet having watched Seaspiracy last night.

I didn’t sleep last night thinking about tuna.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fans have called for all sorts, though - there's nothing like a consensus, is there?

Some have told us that we can only win with Paterson and Rhodes up top; others have claimed that Harris and Reach must play right and left respectively; some have claimed that one up top will never work etc..

And yet we've won by starting:

• a front two of Windass and Rhodes
  • a front two of Windass and Paterson
  • Windass flanked by Kachunga and Reach
  • a front two of Kachunga and Paterson
  • a front two of Rhodes and Paterson
  • Harris on the right and Penney on the left
  • Reach on the right and Kachunga on the left
  • Odubajo on the right and Harris on the left
  • Harris on the right and Reach on the left
  • Palmer on the right and Penney on the left
  • Reach on the right and Penney on the left
  • Palmer on the right and Reach on the left

Football is a game of many variables, and dogmatic principles rarely apply. As tempting as it as fans to see something working in one game and thinking it would always work, it's never that simple, I'm afraid.

With respect that’s twisting words.

Of course we will win the odd game with a poor line-up, just as we will lose games playing the fans’ dream-team Xl, but over the 46 games you have to maximise your chances, and you do that by picking your best players in their best positions.

So many of the duos in your list make no sense over the season. And that is why we are where we are.

11 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

That people have started to believe. 

It's too far. It's too much to do. Coventry and Birmingham WILL pick up points. 

I just worry about the effect it will have if people get their hopes up and then they are dashed as usual by Wednesday. Assume we're down and then if by some miracle we stay up it'll be a pleasant surprise. 

No need to worry about me. I've been following Wednesday far too long now to realise they could shoot THIER selves in the foot with a guided missile, controlled by a highly skilled operator. 'm an engineer, so I have a good grasp on reality. lol