Monk on Sky

Guest whowantstoberich
33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Monk keeps saying ‘us’ and ‘we’.

Clearly cares 

Clearly done a good PR course 

7 hours ago, Jim said:

His general track record as a manager isn’t very good. The fact that 2 clubs with his fingerprints all over them are embroiled in this season’s championship relegation battle says it all. Be very surprised if he gets another job in this country TBH.

Birmingham are on their fourth manager since he left so not sure how his “fingerprints are all over them”. 

Or to use your same logic Leeds are on their third manager since he left, does that mean Monk gets credit for Leeds being in the top half of the PL?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, parajack said:

Doesnt back up anything,it was dealt with,in the time honoured way of the industry,not just the Owls managers who relegate players to the under 23s is it? cant sack them,they are under contract,hard to 'fine' them,because of allegedly PFA, and in any case how do you sanction Millionaires? can only hit their pride...

Even the greatest football managers use this tactic,

Mate these people are trolls. They do not like Monk, so any evidence supporting Monk or ridiculing their stance, is just ignored. They are not going to go away, or stop, until they find another target to have a go at. Logic argument and debate are beyond them, they would rather get behind Chansiri than get behind a manager they have decided to hate. 

From today's game, we need to start getting players lined up for our league 1 campaign. 4-1 now and that consistency that Monk has always talked about is still not there. The players are not capable of consistency or they would be playing for a proper club. Chansiri has torn the heart out of Wednesday and now we need somebody to help Moore put it back. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 83owl said:

Birmingham are on their fourth manager since he left so not sure how his “fingerprints are all over them”. 

Or to use your same logic Leeds are on their third manager since he left, does that mean Monk gets credit for Leeds being in the top half of the PL?

He's that arrogant he probably thinks he does. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d love them to ask Monk right now why on gods green earth he signed Kachunga 

same reason we renewed Pelupessy's contract, clearly struggled to bring anyone in.

If he thought so much of Pelupessy he'd have offered him a new deal not triggered a one year extension.

Never was a fan of Monk but i think on the recruitment simply nobody wanted to join a sinking ship.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

same reason we renewed Pelupessy's contract, clearly struggled to bring anyone in.

If he thought so much of Pelupessy he'd have offered him a new deal not triggered a one year extension.

Never was a fan of Monk but i think on the recruitment simply nobody wanted to join a sinking ship.

Even Joey isn’t in the same category as Kachunga

He’s in his own league of shitnesss

• Like 3

Always thought Monk talked a good game but didn’t know how to implement it.

But he's just spoke a monumental amount of sh*te there about us infront of goal. He basically contradicted what the stats show, what the fans have been saying for 18 months and what a blind man would see. We create eff all, it’s nothing to do with an inability to finish chances. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

i don't disagree, he's terrible but that shows the struggles we had in the summer.

He was literally another body in that's it.

Yeah I get you....I just can’t for the life of me believe we couldn’t get ANYONE from league 1/2 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

But he's just spoke a monumental amount of sh*te there about us infront of goal. He basically contradicted what the stats show, what the fans have been saying for 18 months and what a blind man would see. We create eff all, it’s nothing to do with an inability to finish chances. 

He said that against Cardiff as well " It wasn't a problem of not creating just not being ruthless enough infront of goal"

Worrying if he thinks that.

19 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Mate these people are trolls. They do not like Monk, so any evidence supporting Monk or ridiculing their stance, is just ignored. They are not going to go away, or stop, until they find another target to have a go at. Logic argument and debate are beyond them, they would rather get behind Chansiri than get behind a manager they have decided to hate. 

What a load of rubbish.

Its not about hating monk or supporting Chansiri. It’s not binary.

Its the evidence that there was a huge balls up post Christmas 2019 which is being ignored by some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah like Monk reallyyyy wanted Kachunga. More a case of no one wants to join, we’ve got no money so Kachunga or nowt. 

It would’ve been an incredibly tough sell to players this summer. So I think that will have been it. I also think we don’t look to the lower leagues for bargains and there was only a sign of that in January.

Some of the better signings on paper like Marriott, Brown, Flint, Dunkley who I was pleasantly surprised with must’ve taken up a load of wages and contributed very little. When that many signings don’t work out it’s asking for trouble. Depressing really 

14 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I don’t think he’s calling it that wrong. You have to be clinical. We aren’t and that’s why we are where we are. It’s such a tight league decided by fine margins and you need to take your chances when they come along.

Today we had chances. Rhodes should have had two. Kachunga should have had one. Paterson should have had one. 

We need to take our chances. We don’t and we lose games. QPR were clinical today.