Monk on Sky

1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

They can defend him all they want, but I’m sure its not by choice that he’s still sat in a sky studio instead of a dugout lol 

Plenty of people do so,stop being  so personal....we are SWFC  supporters,NOT GM  supporters......You need to understand the manager was a figurehead and front man for his Employers

You seem to imagine he had way more influence than he allegedly actually had

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Plenty of people do so,stop being  so personal....we are SWFC  supporters,NOT GM  supporters......You need to understand the manager was a figurehead and front man for his Employers

You seem to imagine he had way more influence than he allegedly actually had

Just so there’s no crossed wires. No blame from me on Monks recruiting as with -12 it’s take what you can. Recruiting at many clubs now has different influences and inputs by the sounds of it but we were working to what he called “parameters” which will have been set by someone other than him. 

But Monk is in charge of the team and who is banished to u23s and things like that which are a factor in recent troubles and team unity. If they are just a puppet for DC he’d not be allowed to do that. Both Bruce and Pulis brought them back so clearly there is autonomy.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Just so there’s no crossed wires. No blame from me on Monks recruiting as with -12 it’s take what you can. Recruiting at many clubs now has different influences and inputs by the sounds of it but we were working to what he called “parameters” which will have been set by someone other than him. 

But Monk is in charge of the team and who is banished to u23s and things like that which are a factor in recent troubles and team unity. If they are just a puppet for DC he’d not be allowed to do that. Both Bruce and Pulis brought them back so clearly there is autonomy.

Not sure Westwood and Hutchinson being ostracised under Monk made that much difference.

Both been back in the fold now and results have been just as poor.

Both living off reputations 4 or 5 years out of date.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair enough i think we will agree to disagree as fellow OWLS....sadly i think we are going to have bigger fish to fry soon enough....Just look at how easy it is to continue sliding...(Wigan)  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not sure Westwood and Hutchinson being ostracised under Monk made that much difference.

Both been back in the fold now and results have been just as poor.

Both living off reputations 4 or 5 years out of date.

I think it’s less about that and whether it’s necessary to put players in u23s. May not be world beaters but experienced players have a role to play in a younger side. Surely you can be dropped and train with the first team and be in contention like anyone else. Unless they are unprofessional or something but likewise other managers haven’t thought so, or have managed to deal with any issue with them.

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

Fair enough i think we will agree to disagree as fellow OWLS....sadly i think we are going to have bigger fish to fry soon enough....Just look at how easy it is to continue sliding...(Wigan)  

Agreed mate. I hope we respond to league one the right way, wigan weren’t really able to, but i guess with us we just need to wait and see. Big job for big Daz.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s less about that and whether it’s necessary to put players in u23s. May not be world beaters but experienced players have a role to play in a younger side. Surely you can be dropped and train with the first team and be in contention like anyone else. Unless they are unprofessional or something but likewise other managers haven’t thought so, or have managed to deal with any issue with them.

Other managers have thought so.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah, Luhukay and Monk with their horrendous results.

JL  kept us in the Championship mate,with a horrendous injury list,and GM  took us to third in the Championship,with everything to play for.......The players on the pitch it seems escape ALL responsibility......how many Millionaires are there out there currently,cutesy of SWFC?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

JL  kept us in the Championship mate,with a horrendous injury list,and GM  took us to third in the Championship,with everything to play for.......The players on the pitch it seems escape ALL responsibility......how many Millionaires are there out there currently,cutesy of SWFC?

Both absolute dogga managers 

Monk has proven his tactics and football was useless - we’ve seen in the last couple of games we can play football

Under Monk it was lump it

up top and give it Harris - absolutely dreadful 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Both absolute dogga managers 

Monk has proven his tactics and football was useless - we’ve seen in the last couple of games we can play football

Under Monk it was lump it

up top and give it Harris - absolutely dreadful 

Again,we have been worse,since both left,lose most games but apparently it doesn't matter because we can 'play football'..heard the same nonsence after the Watford match...Best roll your sleeves up for next seasons relegation battle in Div THREE.....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Thankfully they’re both long gone and we have since had Pulis and Moore getting great results 🤣

Ha! Yeah one was here just over a month, early days for Moore but it seems more positive for the medium term in my opinion and hasn’t banished any players yet.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Ha! Yeah one was here just over a month, early days for Moore but it seems more positive for the medium term in my opinion and hasn’t banished any players yet.

The thing is though. Pulis wasn’t given the same allowances. 2 wins in 8 is not a great statistic for Moore. Pulis 1 in 10 was poor - but again hardly a massive improvement results wise under Moore is it

The manager doesn’t make one bit of difference at Wednesday. Everything points towards it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

JL kept us up, fine then what happened? We barely got any shots on goal and had a horrendous run. 

Monk got us to third which was well done, you seem to want to give him plaudits for that but the subsequent car crash nothing  to do with him. Ridiculous. 

The blame is not just on managers, chairman or just players it’s a combination of all things. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is though. Pulis wasn’t given the same allowances. 2 wins in 8 is not a great statistic for Moore. Pulis 1 in 10 was poor - but again hardly a massive improvement results wise under Moore is it

The manager doesn’t make one bit of difference at Wednesday. Everything points towards it

Might as well have that raffle then.

I think there are so many similarities between Wilson’s time in charge here and Monk’s. Neither were very good managers living off the back of one good season at Barnsley and Swansea respectively. We’re still paying the price even now for Wilson’s time in charge. Goodness knows if we’ll ever recover from Monk’s?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I think there are so many similarities between Wilson’s time in charge here and Monk’s. Neither were very good managers living off the back of one good season at Barnsley and Swansea respectively. We’re still paying the price even now for Wilson’s time in charge. Goodness knows if we’ll ever recover from Monk’s?

Ridiculous. Monk is no more to blame than Carlos, Jos, Bruce. However there is one common denominator...

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 1