Monk on Sky

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But that’s why you sell while they hold value and reinvest accordingly. 

Of course. I'm not trying to defend DC's transfer policy as a whole, as it's been utterly disastrous, and indeed, his inability to sell when the goings good has been chief among that, but I do wonder if this running of contracts down has been more forced in the last two years rather than it being part of some strategy.

The players coming through from the youth team is another matter altogether though.

• Like 1

Just found tweet if the day 😆 

How the hell can Monk be giving his opinion on our game! It’s like Harold Shipman being on the GP medical council! fizz me 😡🙈 #swfc

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But that’s why you sell while they hold value and reinvest accordingly. 

Agree on that.

We should’ve  sold Reach. We did sell Joao and Hunt.

Hooper and Fletcher would never be sold at their age with fitness issues.

Winnall was to be sold to QPR or Derby but did his knee.

Fulham genuinely wanted FF until he got that racism charge over his head for three windows.

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Makes me want to put my fist through my tv

dont let it get to you, just saying the same old bull as the rest of them, what the punters want to hear and sky want him to say but laughing all the way to the bank, easy when you are in the circle.

2 hours ago, bobness said:

Ostracising Westwood and Hutchinson does seem to have been unwise, but consider a few points: why did Jos feel the same way about these two players?

Because both lack charisma, both are introverts, both tried to lead by authority rather than man management. Both were tactically inept. Experienced, senior players will call  B.S. like playing without a striker at Millwall or changing formation and personnel every week in fear of the opposition. Good managers will utilise those strong voices not banish them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

What an embarrassing thread though, I mean slagging Monk off when we all know who the real villain is...and tbf he spoke well of us really, yes times got bad under him but he is not the reason we are where we are one bit.

Exactly mate Lee Bullen is the one who deserves it not GMonk

Edited by flo

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, flo said:

Exactly mate Lee Bullen is the one who deserves it not GMonk

It’s so r3freshing not to see bullen in the background when you see the bench close up on sky...monk is a good egg but he wer clearly undermined by other people

Thought Monk came across well tonight and was very fair and accurate in his assessment of the game and our performance.

Its not his fault that we’ve had such a dreadful season IMHO.

Find another scapegoat, folks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

What an embarrassing thread though, I mean slagging Monk off when we all know who the real villain is...and tbf he spoke well of us really, yes times got bad under him but he is not the reason we are where we are one bit.

Agree with you Mark but he just has one of those supercilious smug faces you want to punch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s so r3freshing not to see bullen in the background when you see the bench close up on sky...monk is a good egg but he wer clearly undermined by other people

Eh ?

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Eh ?

Eh what? Too many games last couple of seasons I’ve seen bullen in the ear of our manager offering his advice...I love not seein good owd bully anywhere near the first team

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Eh what? Too many games last couple of seasons I’ve seen bullen in the ear of our manager offering his advice...I love not seein good owd bully anywhere near the first team

Never ever quite fails to disappoint this forum does it,   A 5-0 win and I should be absolutely buzzing ...

And then I log on this forum 

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Monk wasn’t complaining about contracts running out when he was here...Infact he was lauding it as a key part of him being able to create ‘a winning changing room’

Monk was trying to work with what he was allowed to, which didn’t involve complaining about the chairman and his ridiculous running of the club.

• Like 1