Monk on Sky

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It would’ve been an incredibly tough sell to players this summer. So I think that will have been it. I also think we don’t look to the lower leagues for bargains and there was only a sign of that in January.

Some of the better signings on paper like Marriott, Brown, Flint, Dunkley who I was pleasantly surprised with must’ve taken up a load of wages and contributed very little. When that many signings don’t work out it’s asking for trouble. Depressing really 

Chansiri doesn’t believe in looking at the lower leagues. He wants proven quality and its a common theme in our recruitment. Problem is the ‘proven quality’ we are attracting is done on a shoestring - so you tend to get has beens, cast offs and players nobody else wants.

We were linked with a couple of lower league players in January right? We have to change our attitude to recruitment. We probably only signed Kachunga cos he played a few games in the Prem and done it for one season in this league a few years back. He offers nothing and his best days are behind him. Awful awful signing. Same as Brown, Marriott, Paterson, Dunkley. Not good enough. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

What a load of rubbish.

Its not about hating monk or supporting Chansiri. It’s not binary.

Its the evidence that there was a huge balls up post Christmas 2019 which is being ignored by some.

No its not binary but I am not going to repeat over and over again, just as others have that Monk got us to third and Chansiris actions undermined everything that Monk had done. If you want to ignore that just carry on mate. Some of us are not so digital and think inside and ourside the box. Blame Monk completely dont blame Chansiri at all, but I have always said it is not black and white, but it is not far offnon this one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It would’ve been an incredibly tough sell to players this summer. So I think that will have been it. I also think we don’t look to the lower leagues for bargains and there was only a sign of that in January.

Some of the better signings on paper like Marriott, Brown, Flint, Dunkley who I was pleasantly surprised with must’ve taken up a load of wages and contributed very little. When that many signings don’t work out it’s asking for trouble. Depressing really 

Your choice of good players is more in line with Chansiri's than Monks so how come Monk gets the blame from you? What a load of rubbish indeed. Do us a favour and don't bother offering any new signings advice. We have had enough of expensive has beens and never would have beens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

No its not binary but I am not going to repeat over and over again, just as others have that Monk got us to third and Chansiris actions undermined everything that Monk had done. If you want to ignore that just carry on mate. Some of us are not so digital and think inside and ourside the box. Blame Monk completely dont blame Chansiri at all, but I have always said it is not black and white, but it is not far offnon this one. 

What you are posting is completely digital.

Chansiri created a very difficult situation and Monk wasn’t able to deal with it as well as we had hoped in that season we plummeted but it did mean -12 this season rather than last. In terms of this season I don’t blame him at all. 

If Chansiri was responsible for putting players in u23s and us losing games each week and the manager isn’t even partly culpable for shocking results then we might as well just draw a raffle for the manager. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Your choice of good players is more in line with Chansiri's than Monks so how come Monk gets the blame from you? What a load of rubbish indeed. Do us a favour and don't bother offering any new signings advice. We have had enough of expensive has beens and never would have beens.

Not sure what you’re on about here as I haven’t suggested any players who are expensive has beens. But I haven’t held any grudges on Monk last summer he was in a nightmare situation. I just think he ballsed it up the previous Christmas and up until that point; as results would suggest.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri doesn’t believe in looking at the lower leagues. He wants proven quality and its a common theme in our recruitment. Problem is the ‘proven quality’ we are attracting is done on a shoestring - so you tend to get has beens, cast offs and players nobody else wants.

We were linked with a couple of lower league players in January right? We have to change our attitude to recruitment. We probably only signed Kachunga cos he played a few games in the Prem and done it for one season in this league a few years back. He offers nothing and his best days are behind him. Awful awful signing. Same as Brown, Marriott, Paterson, Dunkley. Not good enough. 

Yeah we were looking at Pickering and Pearce in January according to the press but I’d much rather look at them than the next Gary Teale or Chris Sedgwick. I think we have already started looking at younger players which is a tiny crumb of comfort.

To be fair though the reaction to Dunkley, Brown and Marriott was largely positive at the time.

Guest whowantstoberich
41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah like Monk reallyyyy wanted Kachunga. More a case of no one wants to join, we’ve got no money so Kachunga or nowt. 

We was told after Monday’s game that they were all Monks signings lol

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

We was told after Monday’s game that they were all Monks signings lol

Its rubbish. There’s no limit to how many players you can talk to, thousands of footballers...yet were supposed to believe we were literally only offered Kachunga and that’s absolutely it 

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Its rubbish. There’s no limit to how many players you can talk to, thousands of footballers...yet were supposed to believe we were literally only offered Kachunga and that’s absolutely it 

Agreed. If that was the case he could have said il sign nobody then and make the club look bad instead of him. 

Edited by whowantstoberich

2 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Agreed. If that was the case he could have said il sign nobody then and make the club look bad instead of him. 

If I was offered Kachunga and nobody else, my swift response would be ‘thanks but no thanks’. I’d rather bring nobody in than him.

And that couldn’t have been the case anyway, as we signed players after Kachunga so it couldn’t have been him or nothing 

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think he’s calling it that wrong. You have to be clinical. We aren’t and that’s why we are where we are. It’s such a tight league decided by fine margins and you need to take your chances when they come along.

Today we had chances. Rhodes should have had two. Kachunga should have had one. Paterson should have had one. 

We need to take our chances. We don’t and we lose games. QPR were clinical today. 

The stats say we’re one of the least creative teams in the league. If we had players that could consistently score from 1 or 2 chances a game, we wouldn’t have them long. 

It’s alright saying Kachunga and Paterson ‘should’ve’ had one. When have they ever been players with 100% conversion rates? There’s not being clinical enough and there’s being realistic about what clinical actually looks like. 

Edited by NeonLeon

Guest whowantstoberich
5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If I was offered Kachunga and nobody else, my swift response would be ‘thanks but no thanks’. I’d rather bring nobody in than him.

And that couldn’t have been the case anyway, as we signed players after Kachunga so it couldn’t have been him or nothing 

They can defend him all they want, but I’m sure its not by choice that he’s still sat in a sky studio instead of a dugout lol 

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Doesn’t really work like that though does it. We had to get bodies in. 

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich

I do actually like the bloke, just not his management skills. I think he would make a good sky sports presenter though, very likeable person.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesn’t really work like that though does it. We had to get bodies in. 

Players signed following him. I’m sure we had a list of targets which reflected the pot we were weeing in, turns out we made the wrong signings for that pot 

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Mate these people are trolls. They do not like Monk, so any evidence supporting Monk or ridiculing their stance, is just ignored. They are not going to go away, or stop, until they find another target to have a go at. Logic argument and debate are beyond them, they would rather get behind Chansiri than get behind a manager they have decided to hate. 

From today's game, we need to start getting players lined up for our league 1 campaign. 4-1 now and that consistency that Monk has always talked about is still not there. The players are not capable of consistency or they would be playing for a proper club. Chansiri has torn the heart out of Wednesday and now we need somebody to help Moore put it back. 

Great post mate,bang on the money,i dont post to try and 'persuade' such,only to challenge the endless inaccuracies...eg GM assembled this squad.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah like Monk reallyyyy wanted Kachunga. More a case of no one wants to join, we’ve got no money so Kachunga or nowt. 

Its so obvious why.....yet people really  want to believe it was GM....TP i believe alluded to or 'recruitment' being done elsewhere....but NO   its GM....Monk wasnt here in Jan,but its his fault we didnt bring in Players too eh? Farcical....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its so obvious why.....yet people really  want to believe it was GM....TP i believe alluded to or 'recruitment' being done elsewhere....but NO   its GM....Monk wasnt here in Jan,but its his fault we didnt bring in Players too eh? Farcical....

Absolutely.

I don't blame monk for this mess. 

He'll have taken the job only to find out he wasn't in charge of anything other than being a head coach. 

Last seasons second half of the seasons results should have seen him packing his bags, but for reasons unknown the mupoet in charge left him in charge for this season. There's one man soley to blame for us going down this season and relagation and we all in reality know who that man is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1