Terminally ill fans

Just now, Kew Owl said:

Very poor taste - hang your head in shame 

It's in reference to the club's tendency to hire players who are injured. Apologies if it's caused offence, but honestly, not really sure what the uproar's about... happy to be educated, if you can explain.

16 hours ago, Chewy24 said:

Agreed. My wife has just passed away after battling cancer for the last few years and the frustration of not being able to do anything she enjoyed in the last few months is beyond words. As per the previous post, there is more than enough space to allow a handful of fans to socially distance and if it allows them to do something they love in the last days/weeks/months of their lives then get it done. Even if it will make their eyes bleed!!!! 

Sorry for your loss chewy ❤️

Theres always a much bigger picture to consider unfortunately. 

Yes, it's a lovely gesture to allow terminally ill football fans in to the stadium to watch their team probably for the last time but why are football fans so special?

What I mean by that is, what if I'm terminally ill and love the cinema. Should they also open the cinemas to terminally ill people so they can watch one last film?

How about all the other sports that people are so passionate about? Rugby, cricket, hockey, racing, snooker, darts, boxing etc you'd have to open them all up to terminally ill fans surely? It can't just be exclusive to football. 

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

It would be a lovely gesture, particularly for special matches like the Cup Final, and Semi’s. The only downside would be the scum  taking advantage - and we all know it would happen.

You referring  to the great unwashed  from s2?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chewy24 said:

Yes, plenty of family around and the kids (7 & 9 years old) keep me going! 

Lost my missus 10 years ago in June to cancer, kids were a bit older, 10 and 12.

If you ever need to talk, PM me for my number.

Kids kept me going too mate.

So sorry.....

• Love 2

23 hours ago, Chewy24 said:

Agreed. My wife has just passed away after battling cancer for the last few years and the frustration of not being able to do anything she enjoyed in the last few months is beyond words. As per the previous post, there is more than enough space to allow a handful of fans to socially distance and if it allows them to do something they love in the last days/weeks/months of their lives then get it done. Even if it will make their eyes bleed!!!! 

This nearly made me cry.....

22 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Sorry for your loss mate ❤️.

This did....

Heart goes out to you both.❤️

• Love 2

17 hours ago, bobness said:

It's in reference to the club's tendency to hire players who are injured. Apologies if it's caused offence, but honestly, not really sure what the uproar's about... happy to be educated, if you can explain.

Some people have lost loved ones, some people are dealing with it day to day. There is nothing funny about cancer. You should'nt need educating on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

Some people have lost loved ones, some people are dealing with it day to day. There is nothing funny about cancer. You should'nt need educating on that.

Don’t go in too hard.

We have a tendency to make jokes in the face of adversity.

He didn’t mean any harm and to cause offence.

It was just a reyt crap joke, bless him.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1